Wednesday, January 30, 2008
*Only three posts per week are required (more is altogether acceptable)
*Length need not be specified
*Anyone can join at anytime....but if you stop...you will be teased endlessly by all subscribers! :)*Privacy is of the utmost importance. (No names, locations, schools, etc.)
Monthly awards will be voted upon for - content, creativity, and over-all interest level.
So I am donning my combat boots and preparing for a good fight. I will be blogging every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And I may sneak in a few extras if I am in the mood. As with any good battle, we need reinforcements, so if you want to join the battle, you are more than welcome. Let the games begin....
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Once when we moved one of my friends gave me a magnet that said, "You never really leave a place you love. You take part of it with you, and leave part of yourself behind." This is so true. I am taking so many fun memories with me, and I have left a small part of myself there. (I even signed my name on the wall!)
So goodbye dear neighbors. Goodbye my dear friend across the street (I will miss you most of all). Goodbye house.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
it started to rain....
on the produce!
I just about burst out laughing. The thunder and rain was just an audio tape that they play to warn you that the produce is about to be sprayed. HA HA HA HA HA!!! I guess the store manager has a sense of humor.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
7 pens (I have no idea how I got that many pens in there)
empty bottle of hand sanitizer (which I filled up)
re-tractable measuring tape
gallon size bread bag
monkey toy (that I got from my doctor for being good LOL!)
48 cents (yes, that is ALL the money I had it my purse!)
vanilla lip gloss
2 shopping lists
envelope full of coupons
mortgage bill stub
plug in cord for my cell phone (what is that called?)
5 movie ticket stubs
4 realtor business cards
3 receipts......My Wal-Mart one measured 21 1/2 inches long!
So, take this challenge and clean out your purse. Post and tell us what you find in yours.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
and help her to be wise
help me to let go
lead her to a place
guide her with Your grace
we mind her where You are
every mother's prayer
every child knows
need to find a place
guide her to a place
give her faith so she'll be safe
lead her to a place
guide her with Your grace
to a place where she'll be safe.
From Celine Dion's Miracle Album
Friday, January 11, 2008
1. I love that dip made from Velveeta and Salsa, but I have never made it and I have never bought Velveeta.
2. My 2 year old is getting gummi bears everytime she goes potty.
3. I wear a size 8 1/2 shoe...preferrably Wide for my fabulous duck feet.
4. I have 5 science catalogs on my counter...together they measure 4 1/2 inches...really I measured.
5. Polly Pocket shoes are my enemy.
6. We buy cinnamon bears by the CASE!
7. I am trying not to eat anything after dinner...trying....
8. I am the Activity Days leader in our ward...in charge of quarterly primary activities.
9. I go to bed at 11:00p.m. every night as long as the baby does by then.
10. My telephone plays different music when family members call.
11. I hate my broom.
12. I have a 2 inch scar on my right shin from being cut by a tiller blade.
13. I can whistle with my fingers in my mouth...really loud.
14. I have been to Lehman's caves on the border of Nevada and Utah...very fun, you should go there. Nothing like a little spelunking to make you appreciate the sunshine.
15. I have never been to a tanning booth, but spent many hours on a blanket tanning in my backyard when I was a teenager.
16. My favorite flowers are Star gazer lillies, and those yellow sunflowers that grow along the side of the road.
17. I once went to a RUSH concert with my sister and her hubby.
18. I went to a JAZZ game once...I sat on the second row from the very top...I couldn't see a thing.
19. I always use those free labels they send you in the mail, but I never send them any money...shamed!
20. My wedding ring is sitting in my kitchen covered in flour and bread dough...I always forget to take it off before it is too late.
21. I use to have to wear ear plugs (the kind you wear when shooting a gun) when I used my mother-in-law's vacuum.
22. Many thanks to my Dad for fixing my vacuum so I don't have to anymore.
23. My baby looks like she has a mohawk.
24. My two year old has no freckles, but her two older sisters have tons.
25. I love throwing things away.
26. My baby just shot poop up to her arm pit. lovely.
27. I love Tide with Bleach.
28. I have 3 Ocean Spray Texas Rio Star Grapefruit on my kitchen counter...item #4286 product of USA.
29. I spent over 50 minutes talking to my cousin yesterday, 48 minutes talking to my mom, and 28 minutes talking to my brother-in-law.
30. I have a mole on the side of my nose. It looks a lot like a zit, but it is not.
31. I have a stack of 18 post-it notes by my computer. They all have things on them that I need to remember.
32. I have 11 chickens in my backyard. They are great for eating all of my kids' table scraps.
33. I only shave my legs once a week in the winter. Thought you might like to know. :0)
34. My baby is sleeping on my shoulder...there is nothing sweeter.
35. I have worn the same pair of black shoes practically everyday during the winter for the last 11 years. They are my favorite.
36. I bought them at Payless.
37. I bought my first car when I was 19...it was a white Ford Tempo that I named Allegra.
38. I want my home to have a name someday...like Green Gable or Orchard Slope, but I have never figured out a name I love yet.
39. Most of my clothes are on a bookshelf in our hallway.
40. My favorite drink is Starbuck's Caramel Apple cider...I recreate it at home by topping hot cider with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and cinnamon sugar.
41. I am currently making quilts for my daughters bunk beds.
42. Between my husband and myself we have owned 6 different makes of FORD vehicles...our next vehicle purchase will be a FORD as well.
43. Once when I was little my family made homemade icecream in the winter. We used icecicles to freeze it with.
44. I plan on getting a Master's Degree someday.
45. I have 1,583 different fonts on my computer.
46. I have 10 birdhouses in my kitchen, well my in-laws kitchen.
47. I have a toenail that has been cracked in half...I have a scar on my nail bed from it.
48. After I have babies my fingers and toes all get infected.
49. We don't have mail boxes here...in the whole city. We all have to go to the post office to get our mail.
50. I am glad I am done!!!
Phew! that took a long time. Hope you enjoyed my boring life. ;)
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
The stool is awaiting little feet ...
We have lots of toilet paper ready and waiting to be used by tiny hands...
The "pretty" panties are awaiting the day when they can replace the "puffy" panties and be worn without getting wet...
The carpet cleaner is ready to clean up accidents...
The laundry soap is ready to do all the extra laundry...
And we are hoping the toddler is more than willing to potty train today....So you have no need to wonder what itybtyfrog will be doing this week....spending lots of time in the bathroom and doing lots of laundry. Wish me luck!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I ever keep all of my new year's resolutions, but I always make new ones every year. I like to make them because it gets me thinking about the things that I need to improve in and makes me strive a little more to be better. (I will be posting about them in a few days.)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my sister Nettie. My friend, Stephanie. Myself.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Only some skunks.
5. What countries did you visit? None. I was planning to go to Canada, but it didn't happen.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Stability and a place where I belong.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Having my new little baby girl.
8. What was your biggest failure? Making one BIG lousy decision.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, only pregnancy and birth.
10. What was the best thing you bought? My new kitchen table. I love it...too bad it has been in storage for the last 5 months. And my vinyl lettering machine.
11. Where did most of your money go? Moving, paying double bills, and medical bills.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Building my dream home. Vinyl lettering business.
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Much much sadder.
b) thinner or fatter? Only 5 pounds fatter, but I am working on losing the remainder of those baby pounds.
c) richer or poorer? a lot poorer.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? scrapbooking.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying.
16. What was the best book you read? The Twighlight series by Stephanie Meyer. The Princess Academy, The Goose Girl, and River Secrets by Shanon Hale. These is my words by Nancy Turner.
17. What did you want and get? Another girl. My vinyl lettering machine.
18. What did you want and not get? A happy hubby.
19. What kept you sane? Marla
20. Who did you miss? Marla