Monday, April 23, 2007

Quick Easy Dinner Idea...

I have been in search of some quick easy dinner recipes lately, I think it is because I am pregnant and get more sick in the evening than I do in the morning, so dinner is always a struggle for me to make when I am feeling yucky. The other day Rice-A-Roni was on sale. This isn't something that I usually stock in my pantry, but I walked by it at the store and was reminded of a dish my mom use to make. I don't know what it is called, but it is super easy and delicious. Here is the recipe:

1 cup (approx.) Cooked chicken (leftover from grilling, shredded, etc.)
Can of green beans (or cooked frozen beans)
1 box Chicken flavored Rice-A-Roni
Cashews

Cook up the Rice-A-Roni according to the package directions. When it is done cooking add the chicken and green beans. Heat through. Top with Cashews. Serve with a yummy salad on the side.

What are some of your favorite quick and easy recipes? I could use some new ideas. :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy and easy! My kind of dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A favorite of our family:
    In a crock pot:
    1 pork tenderloin, braised before hand
    1 onion, chopped
    1 bunch cilantro, chopped
    salt and pepper
    Cook at least 6 hours on high, shred pork and just before serving squeeze one lime over everything.

    Serve in flour tortillas, with cheese, salsa and avocado.

    Another easy one in crock pot:
    1 bottle Bone Suckin Sauce
    Pork
    Cook until meat is done, shred and serve over rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Easy and ingredients I actually have at home = my new favorite. :)
    My favorite easy recipe is for Stuffed Pasta Shells
    1. Mix about 12 oz. cottage cheese with 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
    2. Boil a box of big pasta shells or manacotti shells.
    3. Stuff the cooked pasta with the cheese mixture.
    4. Pour a can of spaghetti sauce on top & sprinkle a little mozzarella cheese on it.
    5. Cover with foil and cook at 350 for about 40 minutes.
    Wa-la! Yummy stuffed pasta shells.

    Found your blog thru Suzanne's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made your recipe last nite and it was a winner. Isabel even ate it!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so good! I love cashews. I'll have to think of some of my favorite easy things and let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds good-I'll have to try it.

    When I want fast and easy we usually have tacos or spaghetti. I know it sounds gross-but my kids really like Tuna Helper Creamy Broccoli.

    ReplyDelete