Monday, November 5, 2007

My 2 year old thoughts of her new sister...

My two year old is learning a lot about babies. She has never been around one before, so she thinks that her new little sister is fascinating. She asks the funniest questions and makes hilarious comments about the baby and what the baby is doing. Here are a few of my favorites: The night we brought H home from the hospital she had a total screaming fit (thanks to the super spicy shredded pork burrito they fed me in the hospital). My little two year old, K, pats me on the belly (you know the post delivery jelly belly that looks like you didn't just have a child) , and asks me, "Other H come out?" I told her that this was the only baby in mommy's belly, and asked her why she wanted another one. She told me, "This H too noisy." That may have been so, but you take what you get. Another day she came up and asked me if H was a boy. "No, H is a girl." I told her. She then grabbed some of H's hair and said, "Boy hair." I guess that is the only way that she thinks boys and girls are different. I told her it was just baby hair and that it would get longer just like hers and then she would look more like a girl. She is also fascinated with breast feeding, but I won't share those funny comments! I think she is finally getting accustomed to her new little sister. She loves it when the baby actually has her eyes open....loves it a little too much since I have caught her poking her in the eye. Hopefully H won't hold a grudge, and they will be good playmates someday.

7 comments:

  1. So precious and so hilarious at the same time! What a hoot! Hopefully these laughs are making your recovery a smooth one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching kids with their new little siblings. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so funny what they think. my son was much more concerned with my lack of belly then the baby. when he came to the hospital he wanted to see and touch my belly. he couldn't understand what happened to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I got to hear the breast feeding one! :D K is darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are way too cute. Enjoy--children truly are such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was nice of the hospital to give you spicy burritos!!!

    What sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete