Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Time MEME....

Suzanne from A Rose By Any Other Name had this MEME on her blog. I thought I would play along too.


Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper unless the present is an awkward shape and then I will use a bag.

Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, we have a nativity scene that we purchased in Guatemala the year after we got married.

Do you like eggnog? I love eggnog, but I have to milk it down. I love that you can buy it at Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Favorite Christmas movie? The Santa Clause. We have a tradition that we sleep by the Christmas tree one night and we always watch the Santa Clause movie.

Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Usually I will make homemade cards to mail, but this year we aren't sending any. :( I am sad because I really like making them.

Easiest person to buy for? Probably my kids, unless they change their minds!!

Real tree or artificial? Artificial tree. I hate the smell of pine.

Angel or star on the tree top? We have an angel Moroni on the top of our tree.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? Yes, I am sure that I have.

Favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manger, and Silent Night. I absolutely hate the Little Drummer Boy song.

Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? We stopped traveling on Christmas day a few years ago. It was too hard to haul all of the Christmas presents for all the kids with us and still keep them hidden. Now we do our traveling after Christmas and over New Years.

White lights or colored on the tree? White...my hubby loves the colored, but I love the white. I guess I won that battle. :)

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My homemade orange and raspberry sticks, the Sant's chocolate balls, dips and crackers/chips, wassail, any finger foods, and hot chocolate ( but not this year....so sad!).

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes

When do you put up the tree? We usually do it the day after Thanksgiving, but my hubby was gone then, so we set it up the following Monday for FHE.

What is your favorite place to go at Christmas? I love to see the lights at Temple Square (as long as it is not too cold!)

Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We usually will have a present for the girls to open on Christmas Eve....usually it has been pajamas, but last year it was snow pants. This year we aren't having an extra present to open that night. Everything will be opened on Christmas morning.

What do you love most about Christmas? Making all the goodies, making things for other people, shopping, spending time with family, and most importantly, remembering the birth of the Savior and feeling that wonderful spirit throughout the whole month.

I would love to hear about your Christmas too if you want to participate in this MEME.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun idea to sleep next to the Christmas tree one night! We'll have to do that. (Unless I'm too old now! LOL!) How fun that you did it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen an angel Moroni on top of a Christmas tree! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hate the smell of pine??? I have never heard anyone say that before! I hate pinesol-but love pine trees.

    I didn't know you could buy eggnog at Easter and Halloween. Interesting.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't like drummer boy? Are you nuts? that is one of my favorite. LOL I guess we each have are own likes and dislikes. If we didn't, life would be boring. I did the meme so check it out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a lot of the same likes.... except eggnog. :)
    I wish I could go to Temple Square. There really is no better place at Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of having Angel Moroni at the top of the tree. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have really been missing the opportunity to see Temple Square at Christmas time.

    And I've always thought your sleep by the tradition tree was great. I'm just usually to tired to copy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I played,
    I've never seen a Mornoni tree topper either but it sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of Moroni on top of the tree. I have always enjoyed Temple Square at Christmas--wish I could be there this year.

    Isn't it great to have traditions.

    I love this Meme.

    ReplyDelete