Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Step aside Nancy....


My 2nd daughter just turned 6. We had a Fancy Nancy birthday party for her. Watch out Nancy, because these girls got fancy! I dressed up as their fancy teacher to teach the girls all how to be fancy. I read them the Fancy Nancy book and then taught them some fancy words. I then tested them to see how much they knew about fancy things by playing a game. I had a pillow case full of things and they each took turns pulling them out. They had to decide if the item was plain or fancy. Then I got them all dressed up. We had feather boas, tiaras, rings, sunglasses and necklaces for all the girls to get dressed up in. They looked absolutely stunning!

What kind of fancy girls would they be without purses? I found these adorable purses at Wal-Mart. They were supposed to be some sort of Valentine's Day gift card holder. They were perfect for holding a little lip gloss and all the girls accessories. They decorated them with jewels and glittery foam shapes.


The girls practiced their fancy walking while I got the dessert ready. We had parfaits....

The girls got to decorate them all up fancy with syrups, sprinkles, whipped cream, and of course, a cherry on top!

Then my little fancy girl got to open her gifts. She got some really fun things....so fun that all of her sisters want to play with them too. Apparently we need to teach our fancy girl about sharing!

While we waited for the mommies to come and get the girls I read them another Fancy Nancy book. It was a fabulous party. It just looked like I murdered a pink chicken in my house afterwards from all the feathers from those boas. Oh well, it was worth it.

6 comments:

  1. What a FUN party. You have some very lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party. I love those books. What a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always throw the best kid parties. What cute ideas! I'm sure the girls had a wonderful time!

    Please come to my Blog to see the cool new project I'm working on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do the funnest parties! I am sure she will have great ones from this one. I love the murdered pink chicken comment! But, where was the picture of you all fancied up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nettie...I didn't take any pictures of me. I think Mom got one. I was all decked out in a feather boa, tiara, and beads too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby had a blast at the party too. She is still talking about it. You always have such fun party ideas. I'm glad Amanda had a good time and got to be the center of attention she is usually so quiet!

    ReplyDelete