Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Slightly disappointed....

I have wanted to go to a hot air balloon festival for a long time. Usually they have been too far away (especially since you have to be there at sunrise). We finally found one that was a little closer to home. So bright and early (okay, it was really even light yet, but it definately was early) we headed out to see the balloons.
They got off to a late start, but they were getting everything ready. It was fun to watch the balloons grow before our eyes.
There were several different sizes and colors.

Unfortunately, they never got off the ground. They had to call everything off because the wind conditions were too unpredictable. We were all disappointed! So all we had to do was sit around in the sticks.

We didn't get to see the balloons go up, but we got to see 3 sky divers and a lot of buffalo, so I guess the whole trip wasn't wasted!

Hopefully we will be able to catch the balloons again next year.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen one of those either. Looks kinda cool. I don't think anyone could actually get me to go for a ride in one though. Makes me queasy just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete