Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A few new St. Patrick's Day Decorations

I pulled out my St. Patrick's Decorations this year. There wasn't very much stuff. Even my daughter remarked that we didn't have very many decorations. In the past, I have tried to make a new item for each holiday every year. The past few years I haven't done that. So this year I decided to make up for it and make two things. The only problem was that I waited until St. Patrick's DAY to actually make them. We kept them up through the weekend so we could enjoy them for a little while.
The very first thing I made with my band saw was a heart garland. I have made similar ones for almost all the other holidays. I have wanted to make one for St. Patty's day too. So here it is. My stair rail is the perfect place to put it.

I also wanted something fun to put on my front door. I knew I wanted a big shamrock, but didn't know what to do to make it cute. I dug around in my craft stuff and found these white berries that I have had for YEARS. Sometimes it pays to keep things! I love the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment