Friday, March 5, 2010

Valentine's Day

Here I am posting about something that happened almost a month ago. I seem to get behind so quickly on my blog. We had a great Valentine's Day. We started the fun the day before Valentine's Day when DH brought home a big bouquet of flowers for me, and a pink rose for each of the girls. They felt so special getting roses from their Daddy. I felt pretty special too!
I found the girls some little heart shaped baskets at the thrift store. I filled them up with some chocolates, a Little Pet Shop, and a new outfit.
They got to open them up before breakfast so they could wear their new pink and red clothes that day. I wish I had gotten a picture of them all together in their new cute clothes.
We had heart shaped pancakes with raspberry morsels for breakfast. For lunch I made sandwiches and cut them into heart shapes with a cookie cutter. Since it was also Chinese New Year we had chinese food for dinner. I made Sesame Chicken, rice, and oriental green beans. Yummy! The girls and I also made these cute heart cookies filled with raspberry jam.
The girls and I made these for their school friends. I got to help in M's class for her Valentine's party. I got to help decorate cookies with the kids....man those kids like alot of frosting.....we are talking an inch thick. Gag!
DH made me some giant dominos for our playroom. This is a picture of them before he distressed them and antiqued them. They look totally awesome now. I should have gotten a new picture of them. When I post about the play room I will have to take another picture of them so you can see the finished product.
I gave DH a bag of different things with little sayings on them. This one was a box of shot gun shells. They said, "Cupid must have SHOT me through the heart because I am totally in love with you." A little cheesy I know, but true.

We had such a great day....but wouldn't everyday be wonderful if we all went around telling each other how much we love each other all day. :)

4 comments:

  1. So much fun! You have so many great ideas! I didn't even notice about the chinese new year! Oh, and we're all about the cheese here, so don't even feel like a weirdo. You're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I love how your hubby brought your girls roses. I'll have to remember that! And those dominoes are totally cool. I need to come and see your basement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such a wonderful job of making holidays special for your family! We love all of you, too!

    ReplyDelete