Saturday, February 12, 2011

Memorial Day 2010

 We decided to use Memorial Day this year as a day to make a memory with the girls.  We headed up the mountains for a drive.  We were looking for a fun place to have a picnic.
 We found a fun little park right by the river.  We ate our lunch and then went down to the water.  The water was running pretty high and fast.  We were on a bit of a steep slope down to the water. I was worried one of the girls would fall in, but thankfully no one did!
 They had a great time building "boats" out of bark, grass, weeds, and sticks.  The got pretty creative with their little boats.  They even found a bug to be the captain of one before they sent it down the river.  I don't know that the bug was too happy about it though.
 I love to get out in nature with the kids.  I love to see their creativity.  They always make something out of nothing, and turn anything into a play toy.  I just love to watch them play and be creative.
 The park also had a fun little playground that we played on after the water was no longer fun. 
 I thought this was such a fun picture of all the girls together on the swings. 
Well I think we succeeded in making a fun memory.  I am sure we will be going back to this park again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment