Sunday, January 29, 2012

A's Alice In Wonderland Friend Party 2011

A wanted an Alice in Wonderland birthday party with friends this year for her birthday.  When the girls arrived we had them go down to the basement to watch the Disney Alice in Wonderland movie.  While they were watching the movie M and I got busy and turned our house into Wonderland.  I made a rabbit hole out of cardboard boxes that led to our stairwell.  Along the walls in the stairwell we taped pictures of household items so it would be like Alice falling down the rabbit hole.  When they got to the top of the stairs they had to go through a cardboard box with a little door and then they were in Wonderland.
 I had hung streamers from the ceiling and set up the Cheshire cat in a tree.  I had the girls all draw mouths to pin on the Cheshire cat.  We blind folded them and spun them around then they had to put their smile on the cat.  They came up with some pretty fun smiles.
Then we had a tea party.  I had spent weeks going to the thrift store looking for fun tea cups.  When I started I wanted fun colors, but I could never find any, so I went with plain white ones.  All of them were a little different and the plates were too.  We just had finger foods: carrot sticks, olives, finger sandwiches, pretzels, bunny shaped crackers, and fruit.  We also had un-sweetened pink lemonade.  I had sugar cubes that the girls got to put in their pink lemonade "tea".  I had put labels on the handles of their cups that said, "Drink Me" and ones on the food that said, "Eat Me".
 We also had cupcakes and ice cream cups for dessert.

 I stuck playing card all over the walls.  I gave out a prize to the first girl who could find the Queen of Hearts.  We also played a tea cup toss game.  I had a big yellow tea cup that we tossed a ping pong ball into.  Then A got to open her gifts.  She got so many fun things.  She has such cute little friends.


 Then we played a game of musical chairs.  We played it a little differently.  Instead of a person getting out, we took a chair out, so in the end we only ended up with one chair.
 All the girls had to pile onto that one chair.  It was so funny.  They all fell just as I took the picture.
 We sent all the girls home with little goodie bags with a Capri Sun (with a tag on it that said "Drink Me"), a mini bag of cookies (that said "Eat Me"), bubbles, little spiky balls, bracelets, and kalidescopes.  It was such a fun party.  I love planning theme birthday parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment