Sunday, January 29, 2012

Laundry Room redo 2011

 The laundry room in this house has always bugged me.  When we first moved in it didn't have any cabinets, so we added the cabinets about the washer and dryer, and a cabinet and countertop next to the washing machine.  We also popped a pantry cupboard out into the garage space.  It made it much  nicer to have so much storage in this room.  It has also bugged me that I have to go through the bathroom to get to the laundry room.  We can't change that, so that will have to remain the same.  The room is pretty tiny.  My hiney has been known to hit the wall when I am getting clothes out of the dryer. 
 I decided the room needed some decorating to "cute" it up a bit.  D thought it was a waste of time and money, but it makes me so happy to go and do laundry now.  I can overlook the things that bug me because I love how the room looks now.
 We added some wainscoting to the walls and painted to top green.

 I already had the sign and the giant clothes pins in the room, but I added the little pot and boxwood.  It is fun to have a little "greenery" in the room.
 I love these clothes pins.  I have also since added a washboard, but didn't get pictures with it. 
 A few years ago, I took these black and white pictures of my girls playing in the laundry at my in-laws house.  Here is little H in the laundry basket.
 And cute little K.
 And M peeking through the clothes.
 And A by the laundry basket.  I love these pictures.  I can't believe how fast the girls are growing.  These pictures remind me to cherish the moments I have with them because they are growing up right before my eyes.
I purchased some water faucet handles off of etsy.  They were red when I got them and I wanted them a bit more burgundy, so I misted them with spray paint and then nailed them to the wall.  I love polk-a-dots and loved this black polk-a-dot ribbon to hang the pictures with.  I have taken down the bow on the one.  I decided they didn't need it.  I love how the room turned out.  It is almost fun to do laundry now....almost.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment