Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend of Exes

Those of you who read my last post know that I ran into one of my ex-boyfriends a couple days ago. It was fun to get to see him and catch up on what he has been doing for the last 13 years. It was also a little strange. After the initial conversation about what you have been doing, where you work, what your family life is like now, and if you see any of your old friends from high school, what is left to talk about? It was strange that I ran into my ex-boyfriend the same weekend that my husband ran into one of his. Actually, he didn't really run into her. She had seen my husband on t.v. and knew he would be at his work on Saturday, so she took her husband and family to see him. (Do you think that is a little odd?)She was the one that gave my husband the "Dear John" letter on his mission, and he hadn't seen her for about 14 years. It was really weird for him to see her. So it was a little bit of a weird weekend for both of us reliving old memories and thinking about how lucky we are that we married each other. My husband was so cute about the whole thing, he came home after seeing his ex and told me that he was so grateful he was married to me. I had the same feeling after seeing my ex. I would much rather be where I am than being married to someone still going to college and working at Wal-Mart. So even though it was stange to see our exes we are even more grateful for the life we have together.

15 comments:

  1. He's still going to college and working at Walmart! Holy cow, that's funny. I think you definitely made the right choice, and for more reasons than that.

    That is odd your hubby's ex came to see him at work. I guess they ended on fairly good terms. I'm glad she brought her husband along, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a strange weekend! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always affirming to realize the choices you have made are the ones that (are and) will bring you the most joy.

    Congratulations on getting so much done card and scrapbook-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you made the choice you did- its nice to have no regrets

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to have a little reminder sometimes of how good you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me of the song "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks. I'm glad you two found each other and that you're so happy. Those little reminders are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like the past to make the present feel so good!! Glad things went well. Weirdness on she-ex, for stopping by your hubby's work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally know that feeling of releif after seeing old boyfriends of the past. What a great life I have, too, because I didn't marry a few other guys. What a good reminder. It was weird to run into them, yes, but a harmless yep-I-did-the-right-thing perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband has a stalker! That is weird that she would just show up out of the blue. I go out of my way to avoid ex's. I think you made the right choice too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what are the odds that you'd both run into ex's, lol! Just thinking about my exes remind me how happy I am with my DH :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am kind of glad to not live anywhere near exes, at least to my knowledge. I definitely married the right guy. He is so completely different from the ones I dated, however!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think of that song by Garth Brooks, "Thank God,for Unanswered Prayers." (Not that I'm saying you prayed to be with either of these people, but you know what I mean...)
    I would have been so uncomfortable with the whole thing, but it sounds like you guys handled it well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So this has nothing to do with exes and someone else may have already come through for you, but I'm too lazy to look. Here's that Cafe Rio dressing recipe that I told you I'd find forever ago.

    Creamy Cilantro Dressing

    3 tomatillos, quartered
    1 pkg Ranch Buttermilk Dressing mix
    1 c mayo*
    1/3 to 1/2 c buttermilk
    1 c cilantro
    2 cloves crushed garlic
    1/4 t crushed cayenne pepper

    Combine all ingredients in a blender and refrigerate at least one hour.

    *For a thicker dressing, reduce mayo to 1/2 c and add 1/2 c sour cream to mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awkward. I always feel relieved and blessed for my life now after seeing an ex. I do admit, though, that I'm curious where others have ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For sure weird, but at least she took her family instead of going alone to see him (I think. I don't know, I guess it's weird either way.)

    What does your husband do on tv??

    ReplyDelete