Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I should have known....

I really should have known this would happen. We are moving. It definately isn't the first time we have moved, and it isn't the first time we have moved while I have been pregnant. In fact, this will be our 7th move in the 10 years since we got married, and out of those 7 moves I have been pregnant 4 times. So it should not have surprised me that when I got pregnant that it was time to pack up and move again. It was a BIG surprise though. My husband always had said that he didn't plan on moving again, so I settled into life here. When we first moved here I never thought it would be our last house....I guess I was right. My husband has been offered a new job, so we will be relocating at the end of July. It feels harder to move this time. Maybe it is because we have lived here longer than we lived anywhere else, or maybe it is because I don't want to uproot the kids from their school and their friends, or maybe because I don't want to leave my friends and the things I like to do here. We have a great neighborhood, and I have really enjoyed living here. I guess that is why I am sad to leave. I am well acquainted with where we are moving, in fact, my husband grew up there. It will definately be different, but I look forward to a little slower pace to life, less traffic, actually being able to hear the birds, and see the stars at night. And another thing that I am excited about is that we will be building our own home (yes, by ourselves....I know my way around a hammer!). I have always wanted to build my own house. My parents built their own house. It took a long time, but it is so neat to go there and think, "I helped shingle that roof." or "I put in those electrical outlets." It will be fun to be able to do that everyday in my own home. My husband is amazing. He can do almost anything. He builds stuff all the time, but nothing this big. He is excited to do it. It will be fun planning our dream home together. So if I am not around much these days it is because I am packing up boxes, throwing out junk I don't want to move, or cleaning my house so we can sell it. It will be a busy summer!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! It will be neat to see you finally get your dream house. I just wish I were closer to help you with the upcoming labors.

    And I have feelings of pride about my construction skills, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough to move. Hopefully the kids have a smooth transition since it's over the summer. Good luck with everything! I can't wait to hear about your dream home in later postings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you! That is really exciting - even if you do have to move again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss you, but will come and visit! You are such an incredibly strong person!

    LOL at Blackeyedsue's comment! I would have made a horrible pioneer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been married 10 1/2 years and have moved 10 times with another one in the near future. Moving is no fun, but you do get good at packing!

    Hope it all goes well and how great that you get to build your dream home!!

    ReplyDelete