Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Lack of sleep....

Life has exploded here at the Ity house. Our life is currently in a full fledged spin cycle. I have been completely overcome with anxiety and worry for the last couple of weeks. I think I am getting less sleep right now than I do after I have a newborn. I have always been envious of how my hubby can fall asleep so quickly. As soon as his head hits the pillow...even if he is in mid-sentence....he is asleep. He somehow can shut off and go to sleep quickly. I, on the other hand, lay there thinking, worrying, planning, and stressing. And I am not even safe after I fall asleep anymore. That adorable little baby inside of me keeps me getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and then the cycle of thinking, worrying, planning, and stressing starts all over again. I am worried that my blood pressure is going to rise in this pregnancy like it did in my first. I need to relax and get some sleep. So how do you relax so you can fall asleep at night? Any suggestions would be great. I am so tired!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Ity, you have so much on your plate right now. No wonder you're not sleeping!!! We've found that having the room completely dark (not even soft lights from a computer) really helps and also having it completely quiet. I know that's not always in a person's control, though.

    I guess there is always the old advice of counting sheep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately a cocktail of phenagren and zofran is the only way I fall asleep. What's going on? E-mail me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry! I don't have any real advice though... I have often wondered, like you, why my husband so easily falls asleep. I guess he is just able to let the day go (unlike me)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry. I know how exhausting pregnancy is on its own. And then not being able to sleep. I wish I had good advice, but I don't. My hubby is just like yours and I'm justlike you. No fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry life is so hectic for you right now.

    I have a sound spa that drowns out all the sounds of the house. I tend to fall asleep faster with that. Google Homedics Sound Spa. I use the "waterfall" sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried prenatal yoga before bed? Unisom? Sorry- not much help here. I hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete