Sunday, May 27, 2007

Empty feeling....

Our house has an empty feeling this week. We are not allowed to bring our dog with us when we move in July, so we got rid of her last weekend. It was terribly sad. My hubby even almost cried, and he has never really cared for the dog (at least that is what he says). We took her to the Humane Society, where hopefully she has been adopted into a good family by now. I miss her a lot already. Little things remind me of her all the time, and I find myself thinking about her being here when she really isn't. Last night at dinner my 4 year old announced that she had forgotten to feed the dog before dinner. I guess I am not the only one that thinks she is still around. Every time the doorbell rings I expect her to start barking. When I drop food on the floor while cooking I just expect it to be gone when I look down, but now I have to clean it up myself. I have had to stop myself from shouting at the dog to not lick the fork that one of my kids just dropped on the floor. I miss her charging into my room in the morning and putting her paws up on my bed to see why I am still in bed. I miss her cleaning up the crumbs under the dinner table. Now I have to sweep every single day. I miss her warm little body sleeping next to my feet while I am reading. I miss playing fetch with her and watching my 2 year old throw the dog's ball down the stairs for her to go get. I miss her getting excited everytime I put my walking shoes on because she knows she gets to go for a walk. I miss her adorable little face and those puppy dog eyes. I miss her funny noises and her following me around. I hope she has found a good family who will love her and take good care of her. I will miss you Josie.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know you couldn't take her with you. You sound so sad. I'm sure the girls really miss Josie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry!!! I still have the same feelings about Dusty. The hole they leave never quite goes away. It has been almost a year since she left our house and I still expect to hear her bark every time the doorbell rings. It doesn't feel right to bring this baby home without her to sleep under it's crib every night.

    My heart hurts for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, it must be hard. Hope you all can feel happier soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that a family decides to adopt her! I'm sure you're all missing her a lot right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad. I always feel so bad for the dogs at the Humane Society... poor little thing. I know a good family will take care of her.

    (don't worry, you'll have a girl... it's the year of GIRLS... the statistics are staggering)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry itybty! That is so sad- I bet she finds a good home that will love her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long time no see!

    What a sweet little psot. I am so sorry! Good luck with your move... :)

    ReplyDelete