Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Tag

Blackeyedsue tagged me to do a Christmas meme, so here goes.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Mostly wrapping paper. If it is something weird shaped then I will put it in a bag.

2. When do you put the tree up? This year we put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving, but we didn't decorate it until the day after that.

3. When do you take the tree down? Within a day or two of New Years.

4. Eggnog?? Oh YUM!!! I milk it down a bit though. I just bought some Vanilla spice eggnog the other day.....super YUM!!!!

5. Favorite gift received as a child? My stuffed cat my mom made, my life size doll my mom made, my doll house my dad made and my big sisters redecorated for me, and my Girbaud jean shorts my dad got for me.

6. Hardest person to buy for?? My dad. or my hubby's parents.

7. Easiest person to buy for? The kids or David

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I usually mail. Last year we e-mailed.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I don't remember any awful ones.

11. Favorite Christmas movie? The Santa Clause

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around September.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candy.....my orange and raspberry sticks. The Sant's chocolate almond balls. YUM!!!

15. Lights on the tree? Yes. White only.

16. Favorite Christmas song? Just about anything.

17. Least favorite Christmas song? The Little Drummer Boy....it drives me nuts!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We use to travel, but since we have had kids we stay home now and do our traveling for New Years.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An angel Moroni.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually have pajamas or something for the girls on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The cold, especially if there is no snow.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My tree is all done in cream, burgundy and gold.

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Ham, potatoes, peas, and cinnamon apple jello.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new crock pot and clothes.

These are a few of my favorite things.....Five favorite treats during the holidays:

1. My orange and raspberry sticks
2. Sant's chocolate almond balls
3. English toffee
4. My aunt Irene's fudge
5. My mother-in-laws turtles

Five favorite Christmas movies:
1. The Santa Clause
2. Charlie Brown's Christmas
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

Five Traditions during the holidays:
1. Making candy.
2. Sleeping by the Christmas tree one night
3. Christmas Eve...we always try to do something special to remember the birth of the Savior.
4. Advent Calendar
5. Holiday parties.

4 comments:

  1. Talking about all those treats makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along! You know, I can't stand the "Little Drummer Boy" either. Makes me want to gouge my ears out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it finally snowed. It's going to be a cold Christmas, but at least it will be white!

    I'm asking for a new crock pot too. The handles fell off our other one. LOL! D still things it's usable. Men... ;)

    I hope to see you the day after Christmas at the family party. That is if I don't get sick. It seems like I'm sick the day after almost every year now.

    Have fun sleeping under the tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Meme! I love your orange sticks too.

    ReplyDelete