Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Here are some pictures of all of our Christmas festivities:


We did a little play of the nativity story with the girls this year. Some were very unwilling to dress up and act their parts, but it was fun anyway.

This was the innkeeper.


The girls always get to open a present on Christmas eve.


This year they got new jammies.

And here they are in all their cute pink-ness on Christmas morning.

Grandpa and Grandma B came over bright and early Christmas morning to open presents with us.

Dad was master video taper for the morning. I was working the camers, and that is why there are no pictures of me!


M with her tea cup pup.


A with her tea cup pup (can you tell they liked them?).
Here is little K. See how happy she is.....she seems to be enjoying her Christmas right?
Well the scene that followed at breakfast would make you think otherwise:

She opened all her presents and seemed to enjoy them all. Afterwards she walked around kind of sad (she had a cold so I thought that might be why). I think she was just trying to be tough and figure things out. She completely broke down crying at breakfast and said, "I didn't get anything I want." Dad asked her what she wanted and she said, "A fur real pony." She said the only thing she liked that she got was her Barbie movie. It broke my heart! After breakfast I was talking to her about it and she said, "I told Santa's helper (the dressed up man at the ward Christmas breakfast) that I wanted the pony. I guess I should have told the real Santa." The poor little thing. Her little world was shattered. I felt so bad I cried. I know she wanted the pony, but there is no way we could afford that! She got a fur real puppy, but she REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted that pony I guess. Her faith in Santa is shattered...he isn't as magic as she thought.

She seems to have recovered nicely and is enjoying all of her presents now....thank goodness!

H's favorite gifts were these bead necklaces.

She wasn't much interested in her other gifts. She just wanted to play on the stairs with her beads.













DH spoiled me with clothes, a new crockpot, glassware, cookbooks, and lotions. It was a fun day.

6 comments:

  1. Oh so cute!

    Yes, she looked happy... so sad about the pony. :) That's a tough one to come through with!

    Looks like a wonderful day. I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Nativity pics! Your kids are so darling--what a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where you could put a pony in your yard???? We enjoyed our visit Christmas morning. I will send you the pictures I have if I ever get them out of my camera. Loe y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps- my address is bella_mels@hotmail.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are getting so big!! We haven't see you guys in forever...I made our blog private, so email me your address and I'll add you as a reader!

    ReplyDelete