Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stockings...


I started these stockings several years ago. And sadly, I would have to tell you that they are still not done. I still want to embroider names on them in gold.....maybe next year. The first year I made four of them and then with each additional child I have finished the others. I also made a tree skirt to match. It is saddly not done either. My original intent was to embroider gold snowflakes on it.....hmmm. I don't know if that will ever happen. I should at least sew around the hole in the middle.
Would you like to know what they are made of? I love curtains for sewing. I have used several. I have even made dresses out of them. They are so much cheaper than buying regular fabric. The burgundy fabric is a curtain. The cream cuffs are made from some napkins that I got on clearance. And you will never guess what the batting in them is! A mattress pad! We had this cheap mattress pad when we first got married. We got a new one and cut up the old one to pad the stockings. You would never to know by looking at them would you!

No comments:

Post a Comment