Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Saved from the brink of death...

Have you been missing me?

Our computer decided it hated us, or at least that is what we thought. It was freezing up and giving us the cold shoulder.

After trying a bazillion different things we finally had to take it to the PC hospital. It turns our our computer was slowly dying....burning itself out. We apparently had a dust problem (I don't know why? Maybe because we are surrounded by dirt fields....hmmm....yeah, that could be it!) So after a good cleaning and an application of some medication (aka electrical grease) we are up and running again. YEAH!!!

I had no idea (okay, maybe a little idea) that I had become so dependant on my computer. Ideas often pop into my head and I go straight to my computer to do some research for one thing or another. I wasn't able to do that and it drove me crazy. So crazy in fact, that I would call DH at work and have him look up stuff for me. I often use the computer as a place just to veg and take a breather. I missed that escape. While it was down I finally started reading Harry Potter though. It has actually been really nice to have some no-computer time. My house got cleaner, my kids had more "Mom" time, and I got to work on some projects I have been trying to get done. So I am setting a goal for the new year to computer less. I am going to blog more, but spend less time just cruising the internet looking for who knows what.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see a post from you! Computer problems can be so frustrating sometimes! I'm sure you're excited to be on again.

    It was confirmed to me yesterday that I'm addicted to the computer. I was watching a show online and right before I saw the ending, the power went out. Arg! During the 30 minutes it was out, it was terrible!!! Yeah...I need to spend time doing more non-computery stuff too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you said.. I hope to keep updating my blog at the right times (meaning when my kids don't need my attention), but also getting off the computer more often. I'm glad your computer is fixed!

    ReplyDelete