Saturday, January 31, 2009

Seeing Spots....

We are seeing spots at our house.....LOTS of spots. My three youngest girls have the chicken pox. I haven't heard of anyone having the chicken pox for a long time. Even the doctor seemed surprised that they had them. I guess the immunization is doing a pretty good job for most kids. Mine are just unlucky I guess. My oldest doesn't have them and that is probably because she got both of her Varicella immunizations. My other three girls have only had one of the shots each. Thank heavens they had the one at least because they all have a pretty mild case. My poor three year old has them the worst. I feel bad for the poor little things. It reminds me of when I had the chicken pox when I was in 6th grade. I had them pretty bad. I remember my mom taking me to other people's houses that had them to try to get them earlier, but I never did. I still have scars from them. Luckily my girls won't have them that bad, so I am very grateful for the vaccine. Check your child's immunization record and see if they have both of their Varicella shots.....it might save you from seeing spots at your house.

4 comments:

  1. Can I bring my kids over to your house? Seriously! I didn't get the vaccine for Sophie and I need her to get them...badly! Purty please? Can they come and lick your kids arms???? I am really NOT kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope they can recover quickly, and get past all that itching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sorry to hear about the girls. I hope they recover quickly. I remember when I had the chicken pox. I thought I had them pretty bad because I got them right after getting a really bad sunburn on my back. Give my loves to the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadie got the chicken pox at 5months. Abby had the vaccine twice because the first batch we later found out was a bad batch. Hopefully she is immune now from them. I hope your girls get feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete