Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mother's Day...

I had a great Mother's Day this year. My hubby got up and made me breakfast so I could take the extra time to curl my hair cute. It ended up taking longer than I thought, so we didn't get to any presents in the morning. My little K was sad because she got me a bracelet and necklace and wanted me to wear them to church. I got to wear them the rest of the day though. She has pretty good taste for a 4 year old.

My DH had mail ordered me some flowers. They didn't look all that great when they got here, so he went and bought two dozen roses to go with them. They were beautiful. Even the mail order flowers purked up and looked nice.

I got lots of nice presents.....new capri pants, shirts, and enough Scentsy to keep my house smelling lovely for the next year (speaking of, I should really put one in today....that post pork roast smell isn't really doing it for me today....gag!). My hubby also made me a bench for my front porch. I had seen one I loved at a consignment shop. I stopped one day just to *see* what the price was. GASP!!!! $120. Well I wasn't going to pay that for it, so I took a picture and designed one of my own. I don't know what we spent on wood, but I am sure it wasn't any where near $120. I used left over paint from our family room in a house we live in 7 years ago. (We never throw anything away...even if we have to move it 3 times before we end up using it!). So here is my cute little bench that D made for me. It is perfect for my front porch. I made a few cute little pillows to go on it. I have started reading the mail here everyday while the kids ride their bikes. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great Mother's Day! I wish I had the inclination to curl my hair cute like yours! I guess I'm too lazy! ;) "D" did a wonderful job on the bench. Yay for handy hubbies and yay for using up all the paint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillows turned out darling! He did an awesome job on the bench...does he hire out?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the bench! He did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete