Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What a difference a year makes

We have now lived in our house for one year. I was looking around this weekend thinking, "Wow! What a difference a year can make." We now have our house decorated all cute (if it wasn't such a mess right now I would have taken pictures to post). I still need to do the girls bedrooms though. We have been working on the basement, but put it on hold for a while. We have spent a lot of time working outside the last three weeks. We were going to wait until fall to put in our front yard (so we wouldn't have to mow the grass all summer), but a guy from my husband's work needed some grass taken out and told us we could have it for free if we rented the sod cutter and came and got it. Who can say no to free grass? So after a lot of hard work (especially by my husband) we have our front yard in. We also happened to pay too much to our escrow account this year, so we got a nice check back that we used towards some shrubs and plants for our flower beds. It will take a little while for things to grow and fill in, but it will look absolutely fabulous when it does.

I thought I would share some pictures of our backyard too. To go from just dirt to this in one year is pretty amazing. My hubby has been working on our sitting area and fire pit this weekend. Once he gets the cement all done our backyard will be done. We might add a few more plants, but all the big stuff will be done.

I really can't believe it has been a year since we moved here. It was kind of funny this weekend because My husband went and helped a good friend move this weekend. It just happened to be on the exact same day that they came and helped us move in last year. What are the chances of that!?!

We have enjoyed living in our house here. We have lots of memories here. We have learned lots of things, laughed over some and cried over others. I often think of memories from the past. I can always figure out when things happened because I remember the place we lived in when it happened. We have happy memories from all the places we have lived. We have learned lots of things, and grown a lot, we have made lots of good friends, and said good-bye to many people who have touched our lives in one way or another. I hope this house will be a place for us to create many happy memories, make new friends, have friends for our kids, and be a place that they will remember throughout their lives.

Here's to another year of adventures!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you've lived there a year! "D" has done an amazing job on the backyard. It looks fantastic! And yay for front yards, especially for free! :) We had the escrow thing happen to us too. It was very convenient for when my tuition was due.

    We should get together sometime in the next few weeks! Are you up for it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yard! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Itybyty! It's been a while, eh? Your house and landscaping looks beautiful. I bet your kids have fun in the backyard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your backyard looks great!! I can't wait to come over do some smores. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete