Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Vacation Week # 4

I am way behind in posting about our summer vacation. We have been having some computer problems so it has been difficult to do what I have wanted to do. We will jump back to week #4.
We have been making humanitarian baby dolls with our ward. The girls helped me get them dressed. They had so much fun. Little K remarked, "These dolls are for little girls that don't have dolls of their own." She is getting it!
We set up the swimming pool for the first time this summer. The girls spent HOURS playing in it. I spent hours reading by the pool. It was fun, but I got FRIED!!!! I never learn my lesson. I always get a nasty sunburn every summer.

We had a fun 4th of July weekend. My hubby had the Friday before off so we headed off to the lake to do a little paddle boating and have a picnic. I forgot to take the camera, but we had a great time anyway.

We started out the 4th with a yummy red, white, and blue breakfast.
On the 4th we went and saw the movie UP. We have had a gift card for about 2 years now and thought it was time we used it. We ended up paying $1.25 for us to watch the movie.....sweet! It was a fun flick. The kids had fun going to the big theater since we NEVER do that, and I know why. We figured that we could get a Redbox movie every other week for an entire year for the same price as it cost for our whole family to see ONE movie in the theater. I think we will stick with Redbox.

My handsome hardworking honey got our sitting area done just in time for a little hot dog roast for the 4th. It turned out so great.

We had a yummy dinner. My little M was so cute. About a week before the 4th she made up a menu and posted it on the fridge. She decorated it with flags, stars, and fireworks. We had hot dogs, chips, frog eye salad, red punch, and watermelon.

And you can't forget the SMORES!

We also did a few fireworks. We have never been ones to spend a lot of money on fireworks. We do sparklers every year and a few other little cheap ones (like glow snakes, poppers, and flowers).I think Dad has the most fun doing fireworks. There is just something that boys love about lighting something on fire.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun 4th! Your backyard looks like a haven! I want to come over!

    I agree with your "men" statement there at the end. Too true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fire pit. Looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree about the Dads liking the fireworks the best! It looks like you had a great holiday. And that pic of the S'more face cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete