Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Vacation Week #7

Another fun week of summer has slipped by. We started out the week with an art class. We painted some plastic "stained glass" flowers and butterflies. I was going to take a picture of them, but the battery on my camera was dead. I think it is time for a new re-chargeable battery. It just doesn't seem to be holding a charge for very long anymore.

The real fun of our week started Wednesday when we headed off to visit Grandpa and Grandma R for the weekend. We always head to their house to celebrate Pioneer day. They have fun stuff going on down there. ;)

We were excited to try out DH's father's day gift. DH is really good at skeet shooting. He actually took 4th out of all the leaders up at scout camp this year.
I, however, am not nearly as good. I only hit about 1/6 of the ones I aimed at. Oh well, it was fun anyway.
We went up the mountains for a little hike and a picnic one day. We found a little stream that the girls had fun playing in.
See those cute little pink shoes on my little H??? Before we left she fell asleep, so I just put her straight into the car. We were about 3 hours into our trip when we realized that I had forgotten her shoes. We stopped in a little town to try to find her some. The only store was a dollar store. These were the only shoes they had that would fit her. She LOVED them, so that was good. I always seem to forget something when we go somewhere, but I have never forgotten something that important before!
I captured this pretty picture of a butterfly on a flower while we were by the stream.Grandpa R broke out his Rocket launcher one day to try to cool the kids down.
There was a fun parade for the 24th. I took a couple pictures and then I handed DH the camera thinking he would take some pictures.....I guess he was only interested in taking pictures of me!
Can I just tell you how talented my hubby is!!!! Not only can he build and fix just about anything, he can also make dolls. He took all my girls and my niece and made these cute little flower dolls for all of them. (No wonder he has girls!)
We had such a great weekend. It went by so fast! The whole summer is just flying by. The principal of my kids' school called today and said there was only one more month until school starts. YIKES! We still have a lot of fun things to pack into the next couple of weeks.
7 down 4 more to go!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! The summer seems to be flying by so quickly! I'm glad you had fun in hubby's hometown. Those dolls D made are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to your blog! You have so many cute ideas! I hope you don't mind me stealing some of them. That butterfly on the flower is a really good photo!!! Cool. And the flower dolls... very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete