Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Good News and Wheeler Farm...


The first part of June we got some great news. We found out DH's cancer is still gone! DH had to go in for yet another colonoscopy. This has been a regular occurance since he had colon cancer in 2003. It had been 7 years since he was diagnosed with cancer. This colonoscopy was a bit different than most. He did it without anesthesia (yikes!...I know!). He hates being sedated, so this worked out great for him. The doctor got to have a little chat with him while he did the procedure. The doctor told DH that he did some pretty drastic things to save his life 7 years ago. I can't tell you how grateful I am that he did! The doctor came out to have a little chat with me. He looked at all my little girls and commented on how amazed he was at how well things have gone for us. It started me thinking about what if my husband had died 7 years ago. I wouldn't have two of my little girls, and the wonderful life I have now. I was so grateful for this doctor and all that he did to save my husband's life. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us, protects us, and blesses our lives with miracles.
After the girls had to hang out in the hospital forever we thought we would do something fun with them. We went to Wheeler Farm. If this farm were for sale my husband and I might just move right in (if we could afford it!) I have a bit of farm girl in me. My DH would love to be a farmer. When we got there a bakery was giving out stale bread. We got several loaves to feed to the ducks and geese.

This was a beautiful rose up by the farm house. I love these old fashioned roses. I need some for my house. They smelled so wonderful.

M was in heaven when we found the horses. She hopped right up on that fence to try to make a new friend. She loves horses. She has a running total of all the horses she sees. Last I remember she was up to 160 something. Everywhere we go she is always on the look out for horses.

More bread for the birds.

D fulfilling a dream....to have his own tractor. This one had to stay there though, but he had fun climbing up on it. He would make a good looking farmer.

Me...happy as can be wandering around the farm checking out all the animals.

These little piglets were so cute. They had climbed in their food tub for a little nap. I don't think they will be able to fit in there for much longer.

And we can't forget the chickens! I love chickens.

There is this fun knotty old tree that the girls had fun climbing on. Trees are never safe from our little monkeys.


Great news and a fun adventure made it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment