Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pine Wood Derby...Elders Quorum Style...

Our Elder's Quorum did a Pine Wood Derby. It was so fun! The girls had never seen one before, so it was really fun for them.

We had a dinner first and then the games began.

Some of those guys really got into it. There was some trash talking going on....all in good jest I am sure!
That little red car on the far left was the overall winner. That thing was fast! I think it helps that its owner is an engineer.

We may not have had the fastest cars, but we had the coolest ones. These were the 5 we raced, Big Cheese (complete with tiny mice), pink Cadillac (which looks more like a Buick), Black Beauty, Cinderella's glass slipper, and The Blue Racer. The Big Cheese, Black Beauty, and The Blue Racer are all cars that DH made when he was a boy scout. He has kept them for all these years.

DH decided to make us some girly cars. So he made this cute little pink car. It was really fast and won a lot of races, until that little speedy red one came on the scene. It didn't stand a chance with that one.
Our little pink Cadillac won an award for the car with the most detail. We tried to add as much detail as we could....antennae, gem head lights, white walled tires, front grill. It was soooo cool!



I bet you have never seen a Pine Wood Derby car shaped like a high heel shoe! This is Cinderella's glass slipper...complete with little pink pillow. It was a hit!

She wasn't very fast, but she sure looked good. We got an award for the most original design.
It was so much fun to get to do the Pine Wood Derby. I think DH had the best time. He spent HOURS out in the garage working on the cars. I guess little boys never grow up completely!

3 comments:

  1. I had to read over your blogs twice to make sure I didn't miss anything. You sure have fun with your family. I had fun chaperoning your Friday night date today. Thanks for taking me along. I thought I would find your target already posted herewith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoe car! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are AWESOME cars!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete