Sunday, March 11, 2012

Decorating the big girl's room...

 After painting the girls rooms it was time for the fun stuff...decorating!  I hung this shelf on one side of the room.  The quilt and afghan are H's.  My Mom made them for her when she was a baby.
 This fun mirror I got from my in-laws and we painted it white to match the furniture.  This dresser was mine when I was a child.  It was brown then though.  I want to do something fun with the lamp (maybe purple lace ruffles???), and find some purple flowers to replace the pink ones.
The hardest thing for this room was figuring out what to do for the windows.  There is an arched window in this room that I wanted to cover up so it would be darker in the girl's room during the summer.  I found both of these fabrics on clearance and Joann's.  I was going to do the same color on the front and back, but there wasn't enough of the green on the bolt, so I got the purple to go with it.  I am so glad.  I love how they turned out.  And the curtains work great for blocking out the sun.  I still want to make them some bedspreads and cute pillows for their beds.  I have all the fabric, I just need to find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment