Thursday, August 9, 2007

5 things meme...

Stephanie tagged me for a 5 things meme, so here goes:

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:

1. Going to summer semester of college and trying to finish up my last 2 classes I needed for my Associates degree. I ended up failing one and had to take it over...planning a wedding and going to summer school are not advisable.
2. Planning my wedding on August 19th.
3. Standing on a table on our deck wearing my sunglasses while my mom hemmed my wedding dress.
4. Making a million mini poppy seed muffins for my reception, and making our wedding pies (we had pie instead of cake).
5. Packing all of my things so that I could move to small town Utah with my hubby on our wedding day so he could start his new job the next day (some honeymoon hun!?!)

5 things on my to-do list today:

1. Go see some Parade of Homes houses with my good friend M.
2. Doctor's appointment. I have to take the horrible glucose test today (BLECH!!) and request my medical records.
3. Pray someone calls to make us an offer on our house today.
4. Go to the grocery store for bread, fruit, and milk and anything else that looks tasty.
5. Sand the holes in the walls that I puttied up yesterday so I can paint them tomorrow.

5 snacks I enjoy:

1. Pretzels
2. Cinnamon Bears
3. Hot Chocolate
4. Popcorn
5. Ice Cream

5 songs I know the lyrics to:

1. I am a child of God-all the verses.
2. Almost all of John Michael Montgomery's songs (I use to stay up singing his songs and bouncing my colicky baby).
3. Doug Walker's song about a girl in a little white dress. I don't know the exact title.
4. Families can be together forever. Mine is not right now, so this gives me hope.
5. Forever Young by ??? This is a classic graduation song and one of my all time favorites.

5 things I would do if I were a Millionaire:

1. Build, furnish, and decorate my dream home....no mortgage HURRAY!
2. Put away money for my girls educations and their weddings.
3. Do some fun travelling....Prince Edward Island, Hawaii, a Caribbean Cruise.
4. Buy a new SUV and off-load our van that we hate.
5. Mail annonymous $100 checks to people.

5 Bad habits

1. I get upset and yell too quickly...sorry kids!
2. I love dreaming up a project, buying the stuff for it, but often don't ever complete it.
3. Not cleaning up after myself better...I am a procrastinator.
4. Piling up stuff. My craft desk is always so cluttered with stuff that I can never actually sit there and do something.
5. Eating too many sweets...like the other day I ate a piece of cake, a creamy, a pudding cup, and 5 oreo cookies....I never thought I was an emotional eater, but I guess so.

5 things I'd never wear again

1. skinny jeans....I don't have the body for those anymore.
2. Turtle necks. They suffocate me.
3. A 2 piece swim suit...that belly's not going anywhere.
4. My maternity clothes. YIPEE!!!!
5. Anything fluorescent pink.

5 favorite toys

1. My Barbies and Barbie house that my dad made for my older sisters and they remodeled it for me.
2. Ella, my Cabbage Patch Doll
3. My Little Pony unicorn
4. I had a little house that was for a baby doll that had little rooms in it and a pink skirt thing that went over the top of it.
5. Strawberry Shortcake doll...I think I gave the doll away, but I still have Custard.

I have been so absent from blogging lately that I don't know who to tag for this meme, so if you read this and would like to do it, then feel free. Leave a message in my comments if you do and I will come read yours.

6 comments:

  1. I did the meme on my account. I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, who is shhhhhhh!?

    I love your list. I hope I didn't make you feel terrible about overalls. Someone told me when I was pregnant with Tess that I was "a little old for those" and since then I won't wear them. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I am sorry. I don't look at them on anyone else, just me.

    I pray that your house sells every day too.

    And have fun at the parade!!! Take lots of pictures for your new house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you could get your meme up so quickly! I'm still working on mine.

    I don't think I'll ever wear skinny jeans again either. Come to think of it, I don't think I fit in skinny jeans, even when I was skinny! :D

    There are two Forever Young songs; one by Rod Stewart and one by Alphaville. I like the Alphaville version much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to the Parade of Homes. It's so fun, except then I want to buy a big huge house that I can't afford.

    I love the song Forever Young. It was our prom theme my junior year.

    I'm crossing my fingers that your house sells soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you married to a NoMo, too??? I swear, we need our own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That barbie house was one of my favorites, too! And I have fun memories of the "remodel".

    And I still wear overalls, pregnant and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete