Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Sad Day...

Today is a sad day. My oldest daughter starts 1st grade today. I am not sad because she is going back to school or that she is old enough to be in first grade (well, okay, maybe a little sad about that), but what I am the saddest about is that I can't be with her today. It breaks my heart that I won't be able to be the one that fixes her her "Back to School" breakfast, or helps her make her very first school lunch. I won't be there to help her pick out her school clothes and make sure they match. I won't be there to do her hair up all cute (I am just praying that DH can make it look okay) and take pictures of her with her little back pack on. I won't be there to walk her to school and give her a hug and a kiss before she disappears into the school. I won't be there to pick her up after school and be the first one to hear all about her school day and her new teacher. I won't be there to sort through the million papers in her backpack or help her with her homework. I am terribly sad. This is the first big thing in her life that I won't be there for.

Have a good day at school M. I love you!

7 comments:

  1. ***hugs*** I'm sad that circumstances wouldn't allow you to be there with M. I hope D gets is able to do her hair cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... sorry you missed it, but I'm sure she felt so grown up doing things on her own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you. I hope and prey that your family can be united again soon. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ity! This just breaks my heart! I am sure she understands and although DH is no replacement for you (you could NEVER be replaced) I am sure he is making her feel your love.

    It is hard to let them go, even just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((HUGS)))

    I'd be sad too. Sorry you missed it. I'm sure she understands and luckily you'll be able to a lot more firsts with her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to you! This too shall pass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww.. that is a good reason to be sad... but I bet all went well, and you heard all about it!

    ReplyDelete