Monday, August 27, 2007

Just like Christmas....

My hubby and my oldest daughter got to come home this weekend. It had been 3 weeks since we saw them.

"You can imagine the scene that followed, the loving looks, the warm embraces, the fond exclamations." (Fanny's Dream)

It was just like Christmas to have them back again. I wanted to cry the entire time they were here. My oldest daughter woke up the next morning and looked across the room at her younger sister and jumped out of bed "Hi A!!! I missed you!" Hugging and kissing ensued. Then all the girls went to find Dad who was feverishly trying to get all the outside work done. There was laughing and crying. It was so sweet. My family was back together again. It was like heaven on earth. We had a great weekend and managed to get everything done that we needed to and got to spend some fun time together as a family. It broke my heart to see them leave again. This week is looking very glum after such a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. That just breaks my heart! I want your house to sell NOW!!! You all NEED each other and this just isn't fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you'd posted this a few days ago. My sister's RS lesson was from Pres Monson's talk on death/resurrection. I think it fits in perfectly :)
    Glad it was so nice a reunion. Sending you blackeyedsue's wishes along, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you were able to spend time together. You are in our prayers. Loves to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How excited that D and M got to come home for the weekend. It's funny how something so simple as just being together means so much more when you can't be! I'm sad that they had to go back without you! ***hugs***

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so touching... what sweet, sweet little girls. So sorry you are separated from them, you'll all be together soon enough. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got to see your family-if only for a short time. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got to see your family-if only for a short time. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in to say I hope you're doing alright! I don't think I could be doing what you are doing without falling apart at the seams a bit. I wish I lived closer and could be of more help to you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your quote about "the embraces, kisses, fond exclamations" is from Sylvester and the Magic Pebble. I only know, because I read that to my kids a lot.

    ReplyDelete