Monday, September 17, 2007

General Tso's Chicken....


I have been craving oriental food. As I was looking over the freezer case I came across Innovations General Tso's Chicken Breast. I have always love General Tso's Chicken. When I worked at the mall in college there was a little chinese restaurant at the other end of the mall. I would go down often (in rotation with Chick-fil-A's kid's meals) and get rice and General Tso's Chicken. It is spicy, but so good. I was excited when I found it at the store. I tried it yesterday, and it was so yummy. The Innovation's brand was even spicier than what I had before, but it was still good. I wanted to eat the whole box, but I was good and saved some for another day. Now I can enjoy it twice! So I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for General Tso's Chicken. I remember searching for a recipe once, but never found anything. The box also said that they make Orange chicken. I love Panda Express' orange chicken. I would love a recipe for that too if anyone has one. Since we are moving to a small town I will not be able to get any of these fun foods anymore, so I would love to be able to make them at home.

5 comments:

  1. If you get an orange chicken recipe, please share! That is my kids favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have one, but if you get a good one, post it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the orange chicken in the freezer case at Costco. Not nearly as good as Panda express. Just to rule that one out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had General Tsao's chicken before so I'll have to try it out.

    I've tried homemade Orange chicken recipes before from places like allrecipes.com, but they are never the same as they are in the restaurant!

    Let me know if you find a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't seem to find it now, but I borrowed your granola recipe (linked through Nettie)
    and my kids went crazy.
    Thanks for sharin' it!

    ReplyDelete