Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Here At Last....

I am back!!! The DSL man just left. I am so excited to be back up on the internet. It seems like it has been a long time since I was cruising around all of your wonderful blogs. Now that we have a new computer and faster internet access I will be able to check out all of your blogs again. And hopefully I will be able to add pictures to my posts again...but that might take me a while to figure out. Everything with our new computer has taken awhile to figure out. It seems that when you upgrade your system, you also have to upgrade everything else. We had to buy a new printer, and many of my favorite programs now no longer work. That is aggrivating, but it is nice to have a newer system.

Just an update on my life. I have finally moved to be with my husband again (after 7 weeks of being apart). We still have not sold our house. We have had lots of people that love it, but most of them have to sell their own house first. It has been totally depressing. We keep praying that something will happen soon. We figured that I couldn't stay there by myself any longer with the baby coming in 3 weeks. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone, and how guilty I feel that I haven't had time to even think about my new little girl. You know how much you think about your first child...what they will look like, what they will do when they grow up, all the fun things you will do with them. I haven't had time to think of any of that. Now that I have moved I have been able to do a little bit of nesting and at least unpack the baby clothes and set up the crib and changing table (you forget how dang cute those newborn diapers are!). It has been nice to finally be together as a family again, and get in to a routine again. It has also been nice to have some furniture and things! (When my hubby moved, he took everything with him except for a few beds and diningroom chairs....we were camping out in our own house!). I have been busy trying to unpack everything and mingle it with my in-laws things. I have had to pack up quite a bit of their things to make room for our own things. It has taken me a week and a half to get all of the boxes out of the family room. I still have some putting away to do, but we are mostly settled. I want everything to be ready before the baby comes.....which I wish was soon. It is so hard to clean and put away things when you can't bend over! Well that is all for now...but I will be back with more posts soon.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been waiting for you to make it back online again! :) How fun to get DSL! I wonder if you'll become as addicted to it as me! :D

    I'm glad you're getting all settled in and back to your normal routine. Can you believe the baby will be coming so soon?

    I don't think it's even possible to give the younger kids as much time & attention as the older ones get. I've found through observation though, that the younger children tend to get more "things" because the parents aren't usually in "starving student" mode anymore so maybe it all evens out eventually. Especially because the younger children will get more one on one time, once the older kids leave home. Anyway!

    Glad you're back! ***hugs***

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY

    I was actually reading about Marie Antoinette in Wikipedia. :) It's probably not the most reliable source, but it seems legit. So there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back! And I am happy to hear you decided to start hanging out with the hubby!

    Good luck finding a buyer. I know that can be so so stressful!

    I guess you and Blackeyedsue are going to have your babies days apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Good luck with all the craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are getting settled in. It really bothered me that you had to spend so much time with your family split up. It just felt so wrong!

    I can't wait to see pictures of that baby! And I think that even though the younger ones don't get as much attention from us, they don't lack in attention. They have lots of siblings to give it to them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that the family is back together and all is well with your new place. Can't wait to hear about the new little one. Give my love to all.

    ReplyDelete