Sunday, October 12, 2008

More birthday fun....

We were gone on M's birthday so we celebrated it yesterday. The poor girl didn't have a very good birthday anyway because she had the flu (Grandma and Grandpa B didn't have much fun either, since they were the lucky ones that got to clean up after her.....sorry!). She missed school on her birthday. She was disappointed that she didn't get to go and give her class her treats. She has the best teacher! She called on her birthday and had her class sing to her over the phone.

Yesterday for her birthday fun we went to Wal-Mart (I hear it is the party place..he he he). She wanted to get her ears pierced. We gave her the option of getting a new toy, or getting her ears pierced, and she chose the ears.

I think she was a little worried, because she didn't want to climb up onto the special seat where they do it. She picked out some adorable pink flower gem stone earrings. I don't know if you can see them too well in this picture. She is still a little shocked in this picture too.


She has been super good at taking care of them. She is so excited. She has even picked out the earrings that she wants to wear on Thanksgiving when she no longer has to wear her studs.

Afterwards, we took her to the toy department. Grandma and Grandpa R sent her some $$ to pick out something for herself. She got a horse for her Cinderella doll and a play make-up kit. She spent some time that afternoon making up herself and her sisters.


She had a fun time with it, until it was time to wash all of that glitter out of her eyelashes. I think she had a few stray sparkles when we went to church today.

When I was little we always got to pick out what meals we wanted on our birthday. It always made us feel special, so that is something I do with my kids now. M picked caramel apple crepes for breakfast (my small attempt at being IHOP), tomato soup for lunch, and taco salad for dinner. Here are her happy sisters waiting for the party to start.

In keeping with the clown theme from her birthday party, I made her a clown birthday cake.

Then she got to open her last remaining presents, including her new scriptures. She was so excited to take them to church today.

Happy Birthday M.....I still can't believe you are 8!!!!

7 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday!! Happy Birthday M! It's crazy how fast the time flies--8 years old is quite the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Looks like she had a fun trip to Walmart. And the cake is so cute!

    My #2 is turning 8 this week-i can't believe it either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday M (Again, since we were there for the occasion). She is braver than I, No way am I going to let someone punch holes in my ears! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B M!! She got the same thing for her B-day as my little D. What brave girls. I can't believe these girls are growing up so fast. Next they will be asking for the keys to the car.LOL Loves to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she is 8 either! She was so brave getting her ears pierced. I can't believe how grown up she is now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, M! What grown up birthday presents! They are growing up so fast, aren't they? Sigh...


    We tried the earring thing with Maddy. It didn't work out too well. Even with me vigilantly cleaning twice a day, she never healed, so we let them close. Hopefully it goes much better for M!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I showed this to Amelia...still no biting. GO M! I bet she looks SO grown up!

    ReplyDelete