Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Vacation Week #8

We have had a busy couple of weeks and I haven't been keeping up on my blog too well. We have something to do on the calender everyday lately. I feel like we are just hopping from one thing to the next, but we have been having a lot of fun.

This week we got to go to a neighborhood party in place of our regular FHE. They had set up a blow up water slide thing that the kids had a great time playing on. We BBQed, and they made homemade icecream. YUM!

We also had some friends over for another Polly Pocket Pool Party.....those Polly's just can't have enough parties you know. I forgot to pull out the camera. It seems like the longer summer goes the less pictures I take. I think I am getting tired!

The girls were starting to get bored of their toys, so we dug around out in the garage and found the Dress-Up tub. They have had so much fun dressing up and dancing around the house.

The girls are still doing their reading to earn their Twillerbee dolls. They are both going through books like crazy! This is M nearing the end of Harry Potter #3.

For our craft day this week we made these little shapes out of "ironing beads" as we call them.

We are getting tons of tomatoes from our garden. We found this little guy out there one day. (Okay, I added the black bean eyes, but that nose really was growning out the side of the tomato...so funny!)

We also got to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with some good friends of ours. I kicked myself as we were driving home because we forgot to take pictures! We had a fun BBQ with them after and had so much fun visiting. We sure miss them and their family.

8 weeks down 3 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment