Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Last Week of Summer Vacation....

The last week of summer vacation was a busy one, so busy in fact, that I didn't take 1 picture of it.
We finished up our last minute shopping. I got fabric to make the girls lunch bags and skirts. I have two of the lunch bags done, but I will have to post pictures of those on another day. I still have to make the skirts. I think I will start those today.
My DH and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. On that day, DH brought me a dozen roses mixed with sunflowers. It made a beautiful bouquet. We had our real fun that weekend. We dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa B's house for the night. Then DH and I went to the temple and went out to a movie.

After that we went and looked at carpet. Very romantic I know, but it was so much easier doing that without the kids. Then we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden. It is one of our favorites. Then we went back to our house for a little chocolate fondue, a game of Rummikub, and for some unaccounted for time. We had a great time together.

The next day DH had to go to work and I went and got the kids from Grandma and Grandpa's house. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching them so we could have some grown up alone time. We also had a back-to-school party at my house with my family. We had yummy chinese food. We are having leftovers tonight for dinner. I am excited! I am on a total chinese food kick lately.

We also got to have a little manicure/pedicure party with Steph and her girls. Steph brought me the yummiest sandwich ever. Thanks Steph!

All in all, it was a great summer break. I am glad it is over though. The girls were starting to get on each others nerves (and mine!) this last week. It was just time for them to go back. Have fun at school girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment