Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy 9th M!!!

Our little Miss M is not so little any more. She just turned 9.... Deep sigh.....I can't believe she is getting so big. She is still my baby! (Maybe she always will be!) We had fun celebrating her birthday this year. She wanted to have a horse birthday. She loves horses, I mean r...e...a...l...l...y loves horses. She is always begging for us to get one. I have NO idea where we would keep it!!!
For a fun surprise, DH talked to a guy at his work that had horses to see if we could bring M out to ride one. She said to me the day before, "I wish that I could ride a horse." She had no idea that the next day her dream would come true. She got to ride Duchess, a really old, blind in one eye, sweet little horse. She was perfect for M to ride for the first time. All the girls got to ride her, but M definately had the most fun. I didn't have fun at all. Come to find out, I am allergic to horses. By the time we left my eyes were red and my throat was swelling. I didn't even touch the horse! That was just from standing by it. I guess we are definately not getting a horse...ever!
In keeping up with the horse theme, we made a horse cake. I don't know about that pretzel fence. Ideas are always better in my head! We got the little horses at the dollar store. They have been well loved ever since.
She got lots of fun presents too. Most of her ones from us were not a surprise this year. I did surprise her with a Checkers game. I could not possibly count the number of games of checkers that have been played at our house since her birthday.
Her big present this year was a pair of roller blades. She has been wearing mine around for months. She is really good on them too, which is pretty surprising since they are 5 sizes too big for her! We figured she should have some of her own. Now we go roller blading together. It is a fun mommy daughter bonding time.

Happy Birthday M!!!

3 comments:

  1. It was a great Birthday. We enjoyed being there too. And many more . . . Happy Birthday M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe she's already 9! Was that the first time you'd ever been around a horse? I guess you won't be going near one again soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what you're talking about, the fence looks great. M told me all about it at school the next day and I could tell she loved it. How fun that you guys can roller blade together! Sorry about the horse allergy. Who would have thought?!?!

    ReplyDelete