Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Lover!

We have definately had some fun birthday stuff going on around here. Besides my two daughters, we also had my grandpa's birthday, my mom's birthday, and my husband's birthday too.
Here he is with all his girls. They were so excited to help him open his presents.

He recently got a new calling and needed some new things for church. He got a new bag to put his church things in. We had tucked fun things into the pockets....mints to keep his breath fresh, tissues, granola bars for when he has to stay at church for hours and hours, and hand sanitizer for after he shakes all those hands!

See A sitting behind him to the left with a little yellow package? She wanted to give her daddy a present, so she colored him a picture and gave him a candy bar. She is so sweet on her daddy. And her daddy is pretty sweet on her too. She was born at the same time he was going through cancer. He couldn't do much after his surgery and while he was doing chemotherapy so he spent hours and hours just holding her. They have always had a special bond because of it.

M is always asking to take pictures with my camera. She does a pretty good job too. Here is a picture she took of me. (To prove that I was actually at the party!)

Last year I was so burned out by the time my hubby's birthday rolled around that he only got a plate of cookies with a candle in the middle. I thought I would redeem myself this year and make him a fresh apple pie. It was definately worth the time it took to make it. We love pie!

Happy Birthday sweetheart. Here is to another year with the man I love!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't our husbands lucky to have so many girls to love??? That pie looks great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad likes pie for his birthday too. It's a nice change from cake!

    ReplyDelete