Monday, November 2, 2009

Vacation lifesaver...


I made these for a recent vacation we took to Lake Tahoe. They were a life saver! I made one for each of my girls with their initial on it. I made the bags from some fabric my mom gave me ages ago. The white flowery fabric use to be some curtains that were in one of the houses we bought. I love using what I have to make something fun. I filled the bags with lots of goodies....coloring books, candy bracelets, travel games, toys, and other various activity items. One of the funnest things I put in the bag was a map of our country. As we were driving whenever we spotted a license plate the girls would color in the state that it was from. I made a copy for the way there and one for the way back. It was great to break up the monotony of the trip. I made the handles on the bags long enough that they could hang over the head rest of the seat in front of them. They could still reach them and get into them, but we didn't have any toys getting lost and the bags were not in the way. They worked out perfectly. I don't know why I didn't do this YEARS ago!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea. We always take little backpacks with us on trips but as you said toys, books,etc. get lost in the car. Thanks you are so creative. I wish you lived closer so I could come and get some help with your amazing sewing abilities that you have.

    ReplyDelete