Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Baby Mom....

I have decided that I am a baby mom. I love babies! This last weekend we went to my sister-in-law's house for a family party. She has a 3 month old baby. He is adorable. He has those adorable little baby rolls and tons of dark hair. He is happy and smiley, and just plain cute. I called baby dibs and hogged him to myself the whole party...I was so selfish, but he was just adorable! I rocked him to sleep and quieted him when he was fussy. It made me realize how much I love babies. I guess Heavenly Father knew babies would go over much better than teenagers, and that is why he sent them when they were so tiny and helpless. I know moms who are wonderful toddler moms and elementary school age kid moms, I know a few who are miraculously wonderful teenager moms (I should start taking notes for that one!), but I prefer babies. Once my kids get to be 2 they just aren't as much fun...sure they are adorable and I love them, but they don't want to be held and cuddled like a baby does. They start having a little too much opinion and attitude. I had some neighbors a few years ago that had 10 children. They always said that they couldn't get enough babies. I don't know if I love babies enough to have 10, but I certainly adore them. I love their smells...nothing like a baby straight from the tub wearing fuzzy feet pajamas! I love baby noises...those adorable little gurgles and grunts always make me smile. I love the way babies feel...so soft and cuddly. I love to hold a baby's fuzzy head next to my temples. Nothing is sweeter than a baby. Can you tell I am a little baby hungry? What kind of mom are you?

14 comments:

  1. B-A-B-Y, but luckily my husband is totally a kid dad. he is crazy about them from about 18 months on. and he's convinced me, that although that's when arguments and back-talk starts, that's also when they can say I love you. i guess that makes up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby, all the way. When they're around 4 or 5 they stop being as fun and the whinies start (good thing it's time for kindergarten), and then around 8 or 9, they're fun again. I can't stand whining.

    My 14-year-old is pretty fun right now too - we have yet to have any horrible teenager stuff happen. But he's pretty mellow so maybe he's easing us in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a baby lover too- but i am also a good early childhood type 4-5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me a three-year old over a baby any day! I feel so bad when girls in my ward have babies and they want me to gush and gush. I have a hard time with the needieness and the constant attention that needs to be spend on them.

    I am absolutely a toddler/preschooler mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally a baby mom. Most weeks at church I am taking care of someone's baby. Sad thing is is that most people know it too. If they need help, they bring the baby to me! I'll take it. Of course I love my children, who are definitly not babies anymore. But, there is just something special and innocent about babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm a baby mom. I try really hard to be a little kid mom, but I can totally handle those little ones better than opinionated, ornery kids! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a combination. I love babies when they're little (up to 1 or 18 months) so I'm definitely a baby mom. Taking care of something so helpless is immensely fulfilling.

    But...my 6-year old is old enough now to be more independent. He can help himself more and can help me too! He doesn't need to be constantly supervised any more.

    So I'm both.

    It's age 2-4 that I have a hard time with. (Tantrums, potty training, power struggles.)

    Hubby can play with them all he wants between 2 and 5! :)

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love babies but teens are by far my favorite. They are awesome and SOO fun and you can sleep through the night....once they get home that is:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh do I have to choose? I am definitely a baby mom. I can't get enough of babies which is why I am having my 4th when I shouldn't be having any more. But I also love the toddler stage with the fun talking and new games. I love the surprise hugs, and "I love you"s.

    But having a six year old has been so much fun. She loves to hang out with me doing all the mom stuff I do and loves to help.

    It is those teenage years that I am worried about. How in the world do moms do that???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love babies- just not newborns. I mean, they are sweet and you can hold them... but that's about it. I think I prefer around ages 4-6. My 11 yr old is already getting attitude, so I'm not likin' that age. My 3 year old wears me out and still throws tantrums, so ages in between there work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto Tori, the 4-6 month stage is the best! But, I love kids and babies of all ages. Just not some days of some ages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know for sure that I am not a baby mom. I just don't know what kind after that I am. I would hope that I am a teenage mom more then anything though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I would be a baby mom, but the older my baby gets, the more I like him... same with other kids. I think toddlers are so much fun! Things are still new and discoveries are made every day... it's fun to witness.

    Though I will never forget breastfeeding my newborn... that tiny face against my skin... OH SO SWEET! I liked the squishy forehead on a newborn too... love to kiss it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not sure what mom I am. I love babies, but as Boo gets older I love him as a toddler. Not so much other toddlers, just him. We'll see when he hits two. I know that right now I'm having a huge baby itch, he doesn't like to cuddle that much anymore. I really miss that!

    ReplyDelete