Monday, November 6, 2006

Dry Skin Season....

It is definately dry skin season. My family seems to be prone to dryness. My hubby has problems all year long, but the rest of us start having dry itchy skin about this time each year. I noticed a dry patch on my daughters face today. Here is my favorite remedy for dry skin:
 
This stuff does the trick every time (especially on those sandal scaley feet during the summer!). It is pretty greasy, so I recommend only putting it on at night before going to bed or you won't be able to open doors with those greasy hands. If I put it on my feet at night I cover them up with socks. In the morning they are wonderfully soft. I have also put socks over my hands too, but that tends to drive me a little batty, so I usually don't. Wishing you all soft skin this winter. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Hey! I have a bunch of samples of this. Thanks for the tip. It is so dry here and not to warm. I'm going to dig them out of my travel bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aquafor is good stuff, isn't it! That would also drive me crazy to wear gloves all night, but I'll have to try it for my feet.

    I use Cutemol for my hands. It's the only thing that works on my excema and it's great for extremely dry skin. You have to get it in the Pharmacy, but it doesn't require a prescription.
    It's great stuff too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what my doctor recommended for my son's peeling feet. They all have exzema so we have major dry skin issues, esp in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just started using that stuff after my friend recommended it to me. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look like sandpaper, what a great tip!!! TO the store i go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stuff really is great. I had to break some out last week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used that stuff and liked it, too. I also like to slather sesame body oil on my body before toweling off. It really helps hold all that moisture in my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes it is very good I wear it on my feet all day w/either socks and shoes if I am out or w/ the flip flops I weararound the house when I am home and I keep one in my car to help my hands on therun.

    ReplyDelete