Friday, March 9, 2007

Home Again....

I have been absent lately in the blogging world. Partly because my computer and blogger have me extremely miffed. I still can't post pictures. My computer and working systems (Windows 98) are too old to give me the picture icon when I post, so I have never been able to post a picture that way. That is why I have always used Picasa, but now that is not working. I thought if I downloaded the new version of Picasa (that works with Vista) that it might work again, but it completely shut down my whole Picasa system, and now I can't access any of my pictures. I am sad. I love posting pictures with my posts. Hopefully in the next month or two we will be able to purchase a new computer and then I will be able to do more. Until then, I guess I will just have boring picture-less posts...sorry.

We just returned from warm and sunny St. George. My hubby has a work conference there every year. It is such a fun family vacation for us (especially since it is all expenses paid!). We did some shopping, ate out at a few of my favorite restaurants (Nielsen's Frozen Custard and Cafe Rio), spent lots of time playing with the girls, went swimming everyday, visited on of my husbands old friends, and found a new fun hiking place that the girls loved. It was a fun trip, but it is always nice to come home to your own things, and your own bed. The only bad thing was that I left my pillow there (I have a special pillow because of my neck problems). Luckily they are going to mail it to me. :)

My daughter is off track for the next couple of weeks, so I will probably not be blogging too much because we have lots of fun activities planned. I will share what we have been doing when I get a chance.

6 comments:

  1. Vacations are always so much fun. It's nice to get away sometimes.

    Sorry about the whole posting pictures problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great you got away during the depressing wintertime. Sounds like a wonderful getaway. I need something like that and fast... I hear we are getting yet another storm soon. Spring just needs to get here to save my sanity!

    Good luck with the photo problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you can't post pictures, but I'll love getting to read your posts anyway! How fun that you guys got a chance to get away! We should get together while "M" is off track! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures still aren't a guarantee even IF you get the new update...blame blogger!! :(

    Sounds like a fun trip! Yay for those fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup I agree, vacations are always fun but so is coming home.

    There really is no place like home, but it is always fun to vist other places.

    I wish my kids, had off track. I think year round school is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back- though sounded like a tasty trip- i am jealous-

    ReplyDelete