Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A love of breakfast....

I love breakfast foods. Seriously, I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. Often if I can't figure out anything to make for dinner I will make scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. Every month on the first Sunday of the month we always have breakfast for dinner. I tried this new recipe this month. They were very good. The pancakes are really light and fluffy, and the sauce is yummy. I would serve it with a fruit smoothie next time (so you feel like you are eating something healthy!). Enjoy!

Chocolate Pancakes
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tblsp. sugar
1 cup warmed milk
4 Tblsp. margarine or butter, melted
2 eggs
6 Tblsp. cocoa powder

Mix all dry ingredients together. Combine butter and milk and warm in microwave until butter is melted. Add eggs. Add dry mix and throughly mix. Cook on hot griddle. Makes about 20- 4 inch pancakes.

Vanilla Butter
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tblsp. hot water

Cream butter with powdered sugar. Add vanilla and hot water. This turns out to be kind of honey butter consistancy. I wanted it more of a syrup so I heated it up to melt the butter and added a little milk so it would pour. It is very yummy!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds soo soo yummy! I love breakfast for dinner. I do that too if I can't figure what else to make. I can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best recipes, Ity!!! I'm definitely going to have to try this.

    I can come over to your house to come walking almost anytime! Let me know if there is a particular time you would want to go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you find all of these recipes? I seriously think you could write a cookbook. I am going to make these for dinner tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds really good. I will have to try this. I don't know if you would remember but mom and dad use to invite a family from the ward to come and have sour dough waffles for sunday dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seriously drooling just reading the recipe. That's going on my list to try really soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks for the yummy recipe. We often have breakfast for dinner too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ibf-
    Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. I always try to reply to people's comments but it always gets sent back to me, so I don't really know any other way than to write back on your blog. Anyway, your pancakes sound so good! I'm going to make them for my kids. We always have regular with chocolate chips in them, but those sound even better. I was just reading the other day about your sister and her cute new baby. That's so exciting! So I have a technical question for you- how do you make a list of favorite blogs on your blog? I'm so technologically challenged, I don't know how to do anything on mine but post. Id really like to have a favorites list, and also have categories like food, quilts, etc. Anyhoo, if you have a minute sometime and want to give me a hint I'd love it. Every time I try to figure out something like that it just makes me want to rip my hair out!

    ReplyDelete