Friday, October 5, 2007

Do these panel pants make me look sexy?

I know you were probably expecting a picture with this post, but with the 10 pounds of water weight I have put on in the last couple of week and my ankles swelling to the size of my calf muscles you aren't going to get one! I mean really, is that something we would really want to preserve for my posterity...I don't think so. Anyway, back to those panel pants. Can I just tell you how excited I am to not wear panel pants anymore. I have worn the same horrible panel pants with each of my 4 pregnancies, and I am ready to BURN them. I have progressed to wearing only my largest of maternity clothes (and, might I add, the ugliest). I want to gag everyday when I get dressed. I just keep counting down......2 1/2 more weeks and I won't have to wear these awful things anymore. At least I hope I will be able to wear some smaller clothing soon after delivery. I unpacked all of my cute skinny clothes the other day, and I am so excited to wear them again.

I had my 37 week checkup this week. Everything is looking fine with the baby. He actually gave me the option of having a cervix check or not. I want to know if anything is happening, but if it saves me the exam, then I would really rather not know. I am sure by next week it won't be optional anymore. We have decided to strip my membranes on the 18th if nothing has happened by then. My parents are coming that weekend to help with the girls, and my hubby has a day off of work, so it would be the perfect time to have a baby....that is if it works. Last time I had my membranes stripped it didn't do a thing. I am excited to not be pregnant anymore, but worried and scared about delivery. You would think it would get easier the more children you have, but I know exactly what is coming, and it doesn't sound exciting AT ALL. I hope it is quick that is all I can say.

I better go wash those panel pants of mine so I have something to wear tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really wanted to see a picture of you! I think you look very cute when you're pregnant! I hear ya on the panel pants. Yuck! Good luck with the next few weeks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved panel pants. Unless they didn't fit right and the panel would hit my belly weird... that was uncomfortable.

    But yeah, aren't they sexy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe it's almost time for you to have your baby. I remember the end of my pregnancies, I was so done with panel pants and being huge. Hang in there, you're almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, by the fourth pregnancy, only a few maturnity clothes fit. The same clothes, you were so excited to start wearing with your first. I cried when the maturnity jeans I had worn through my first three pregnancies stop fitting with my last one 4 months into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way you do- no matter how many babies it never gets easier and I totally dread the whole labor and delivery thing! My #4 and recent #5 labors were really fast, like just a couple of hours so I hope yours are too.
    Best of luck to you with everything, and I hope you figure out how to put up pictures again so we can see the new little one!

    ReplyDelete