Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Home Tour.....Finally!

I am finally getting around to giving you a tour of my home. Sorry it has taken so long. We still are not settled. Maybe by the year 2025 we will get there!


So....welcome to my home.....


We moved into our new home on May 31, 2008. The outside doesn't look much different than it did when we moved in.....there is still a lot of dirt in our front yard. Come a little closer.....

I have always LOVED front porches. This isn't quite what I was hoping for in a front porch, but I have big plans for it. It is nice and roomy. I have a plan for an adorable bench to make to go on it (when I get around to it!....again, back on that 2025 schedule!). And I want to add some fun decorations out there that will change seasonally. As I said, big plans.....

Are you wondering what it says on my front door? It says Welcome, and then underneath that it tiny print it says "No Soliciting". Ha ha. I know those are two contradicting statements. Everyone is welcome except for people selling me junk I don't want. I just had to make that distinction. I really don't like door-to-door sales. If I want your product, I will come looking for it myself, so don't ring my doorbell.

Did you notice all of the tan in my yard...tan house, tan dirt, tan door. Well I had to add a little splash of color, so I made this adorable wreath. I love it. It is so fun and cheerful. It is a bit autumny (if that is even a word), but I think I will leave it up most of the year, except for holidays.

Come inside.....I have lots to show you.

Stay tuned until tomorrow ....

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the home tour.. but I really really love that wreath. Can you take some more close-ups of it. I want to try to copy it (if that's okay).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance of you coming over to decorate for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love every bit of it, and can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It's fun that I got to see it before everyone else in Blogland! ;) But I'll enjoy getting to see it again. You're such a talented decorator too. I totally agree about solicitors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what I see so far! Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chel....I just purchased a grapevine wreath, two flower garlands (one of the hydrangea and one sunflower) and a bunch of leaves with berries. I circled the garlands on top of the wreath and wired them on and then stuffed the leaf and berry branches in the vacant spots.

    ReplyDelete