Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Things to do in the summer....

I came across this list as I was cleaning my craft room. I thought I would share it. We are trying to do as many of these as we can this summer.
1. Lie on your back and watch the clouds go by.
2. Hike in the mountains.
3. Gather flowers
4. Listen to some music you have never listened to before.
5. Look at nature: study birds, animals, rocks, etc.
6. Try a new hobby.
7. Go to a children's museum
8. Create books of your very own to read.
9. Write in your journal.
10. Go swimming.
11. Go camping with your family.
12. Ride a horse or a pony.
13. Sleep in.
14. Watch cartoons on Saturday morning.
15. Build a hut.
16. Ride your bike.
17. Tube down a cold river.
18. Stay up really late.
19. Pitch some baseballs.
20. Play soccer.
21. Take a long trip in your car with your family.
22. Get in a hot tub.
23. Go to an amusement park.
24. Jump on a trampoline.
25. Sit in a patch of sunlight.
26. Watch ants on your sidewalk.
27. Rollerskate around your neighborhood.
28. Have a sleepover.
29. Make up a play.
30. Grow a garden.
31. Walk your dog.
32. Read a book outside in a hammock.
33. Make a summer movie.
34. Go fishing.
35. Lick an icecream cone all the way to the end.
36. Visit the library.
37. Go to a fair or festival.
38. Watch the sunset.
39. Watch the stars.
40. Sleep outside under the stars.
41. Color with sidewalk chalk.
42. Play in the rain.
43. Build a sandcastle
44. Blow the seeds off of a dandelion.
45. Sing out loud.
46. Make up a silly rhyme.
47. Write and mail a letter to someone special.
48. Draw a picture of yourself.
49. Make fresh lemonade
50. Eat outside three times in one day.
51. Make homemade icecream.
52. Roast hot dogs and marshmellows on a campfire.
53. Wear shorts.
54. Walk in the sand without shoes.
55. Swing on the swings at a park.
56. Watch fireworks.
57. Laugh and giggle for no reason at all.
58. Have a water fight.
59. Play in a lake.
60. Go to a rodeo.

I hope you all have a great summer!

17 comments:

  1. What a great list. It's so much better than the lists that go:
    1. Organize craft room
    2. Finish computer room
    3. Paint girls room
    etc.

    I'll try your list instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to print this off ASAP! I have a nice lengthy e-mail coming, our internet service provider is being a stinker so I am not sure when it will be.

    Have a great summer tiny frog girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT IDEAS! We'll have to do a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fun list...reminds me of my own carefree childhood days....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the list, I printed it out and will take it on vacation with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to do all that!!! except the maybe the rodeo. . .

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list. We'll have to try some of them but I am sure we would not be able to do the whole thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think we need ot chekc in at the end of the summer and see how many we did..

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun list! I've failed on the garden, but I'm sure I can do the rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very great list! I needed some good ideas for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great list!!I need to make one of those ones

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the list... I need to make one too!!! Summer is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great list! I'm going to have to do some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great list. I will have to print it off and refer the kids to it when they start their, "I'm bored." mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great list. Mine would have to include:
    -fight with your sister
    -annoy your mother
    -dump all of the toys in the playroom

    I think I like your list better.

    ReplyDelete