Thursday, June 1, 2006

Seven Things About Me Tag

My Full Hands tagged me to do the Sevens tag, so here goes.

7 things I want to do before I die:
1. Get a bachelor's degree and a master's degree
2. Go to Prince Edward Island
3. Write and illustrate a children's book...I have it started, but it may take the rest of my life to finish.
4. Go to the Carribean with my hubby
5. See all my beautiful girls married in the temple
6. See my grandbabies
7. Master home organization

7 things I cannot do:
1. Sing
2. Play any kind of musical instrument...unless you count playing "Hot Cross Buns" on my recorder. (Yes, it is a rare talent...I am so lucky!)
3. Make a lemon meringue pie that doesn't get brown beads of moisture on top of the meringue...any ideas?
4. Go to bed without checking on my kids to make sure they are okay...and still breathing.
5. Stop dreaming up new projects
6. Go more than a day without checking on my blog...yes, I am hopelessly addicted!
7. Do a lot of math in my head....calculus just ruined that for me since we used a calculator for everything.

7 things that attracted me to my spouse:
1. Those super kissable lips
2. That we could talk forever and still have things to say to each other
3. His spirituality
4. That he always did his homework
5. How cute he looked while running
6. He drove a truck
7. The whole handsome package

7 things that I say often:
1. Leave your sister alone! (Often far too loudly)
2. Wash your hands with soap and water
3. I love you.
4. You look so pretty.
5. Stop that!
6. Not right now, maybe in a minute
7. Have a good day.

7 books I love:
1. Anne of Green Gables
2. Scriptures
3. The book about Margarie Pay Hinckley...it is so motivational. I wish I was more like her!
4. Almost any decorating book
5. Fairy Tales
6. Edward the Emu (my all time favorite Children's book)
7. Any Jane Austen book

7 Movies I could watch over and over (and I have!):
1. Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea
2. Pride and Prejudice (the l...o...n...g version)
3. You've Got Mail
4. The Princess Bride
5. While You Were Sleeping
6. The Parent Trap (the old one with Hayley Mills)
7. The Princess Diaries
(Can you tell I am a hopeless romantic!)

7 People I'd like to hear sevens from:
I don't know who to tag, so if you want to do this, let me know.

18 comments:

  1. Fun read! Wasn't it hard to pick just 7 movies? I noticed you didn't list Ever After, wasn't that one of your favorites? (As for the pie, Real Whipped Cream. Easier and tastier in my humble opinion.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun. I think working at that museum did it in for us. I have a children's book started too. Who knows if it it will ever come to fruition.

    I want ALL of your pie recipes.

    Where was "Clueless"?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have the same problem about going to bed WITHOUT checking on my kiddo! Funny, that must be a mommy thing! :)
    I TOTALLY love your movie list...I must have the same ideas about romance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there were many more movies that I could have listed...and many more books. It is so hard to select just 7.
    Steph: I miss seeing your friendly face in my blog...I just don't picture you as a fire hydrant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing at "Hot Cross Buns". I can still play some song I learned in Elementary school on a recorder as well!

    Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I have been seeing all these 7 memes and decided to do my own since no one has tagged me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughing at "hot cross buns." My kids just learned that on their recorders at school. I need to read that book about Margorie Hinkley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally hear you on the math thing! calculators for life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop that is one of the things I say often too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, you are so sweet! I needed a change. Maybe she will be back someday. Kind of like my living room. I have only kept it arranged the same for an average of a month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved all of your movies! I completely agree with one of the earlier commenters on hard it was to JUST choose 7!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are ambitious!

    I've gotta do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Parent Trap and Pride and Prejudice (the LONG version.). Great movies!! Loved your sevens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have always wanted to go to Prince Edward Island, too. ever since i first saw Anne of Green Gables, but can it possibly be that amazing now? i also started a children's book. my husband wrote it and i illustrated, but alas, i never finished. i hope you have better follow-through!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great list! I can't sing either or play a musical instrument (I did ace the recorder too!)

    You gotta love the long version of P&P. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wanted to let you know I changed my blog to Just the Six of Us. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love p and p too!! Ok and I am really glad you posted these what a fun thing to do!!

    ReplyDelete