Thursday, January 11, 2007

Things I have learned in 2007

It looks like it will be a learning year for me. Here are a few of the things that I have already learned this year:

1. Things in your mirror are ACTUALLY closer than they appear.

2. The makers of appliances never EVER cleaned them....or why would they have put vents and dents and grooves in all the wrong places.

3. "Mom" is the cutest word in the world when it comes out of your baby's mouth for the first time. When it comes out of your baby's mouth for the 13,752 time in one day it ceases to be cute.

4. You can take your child to the doctor, have them run all kinds of expensive tests on them, and leave not knowing any more than you did when you went into the office in the first place.

5. You can use up a whole Mr. Clean Magic Eraser in one day...oh the wonders that thing can perform!

6. It takes 1 year olds, 3 year olds, 6 year olds, and almost 30 year olds several times before they finally learn their lesson.

7. On some things it is better to wait and purchase later so you get exactly what you want. I wish I would have waited....

8. It takes a lot more time to clean up from Christmas than it did to get ready for Christmas.

9. My husband is remarkable handy....okay, I already knew this, but he always surprises me with what he can do.

10. Sheetrock is not as tough as it looks...and I have the hole to prove it.

11. Spray paint is magic....I have perfromed some great tricks with it already.

So there you have a few of the things I have learned this year already. It could be an interesting year!

What have you learned during 2007?

10 comments:

  1. I want to hear the stories behind ALL of these...except for the objects in the rearview mirror part. I need a lengthy e-mail...cuz you have some 'splaining to do Lucy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned to walk around the rocking chair and not behind it. It took a broke toe to learn that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned that going down a steep pathway to inspect the frozen creek can be hazardous to your health- yet thoroughly entertaining for your husband and kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far I've learned my goal to not procrastinate is not working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gone through several of those Mr. Clean Magic eraser things in one day.

    Hope whatever was "closer than it appeared" wasn't a serious happening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those magic erasers are great... They really are magic!
    Seems like you have some stories to tell... :-) Now I'm curious how you came to all those conclusions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun list! Now what was it that you'd wished you'd waited to purchase? I've done that before and it stinks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magic erasers are wonderful!!

    Great lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a wise and knowledgable woman.

    Magic eraser and I hooked up just before we moved. I'm glad you guys are buddies, too! I didn't know it was possible NOT to use up one of those brinks in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If Lucy is your name, that is perfect! You look like a Lucy to me!

    Very funny list! I am hoping the 5 buck pants isn't your remorseful purchase... you really do have some explaining to do on quite a few of these ;)

    ReplyDelete