Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Candy Recipes...

Well, by popular demand, here are my candy recipes. I still have not gotten the recipe from my neighbor. :( Hopefully I will soon, and then I will post that too. Happy candy making!

Orange and Raspberry Sticks

5 small pkgs. raspberry jell-o (or orange for orange sticks)
1 1/2 cans jellied cranberry sauce
1 1/2 cups sugar

Melt cranberry sauce in a saucepan. Add jell-o and sugar. Cook until sugars are dissolved, stirring constantly. Let cool and pour onto a well greased (I just use pam) 15 x whatever jelly roll pan. Allow to set for a day or two to set up. Cut into thin strips and dip in chocolate. You can also put this into a 9x13 pan, and then cut into small cubes and roll in sugar for gumdrops.

English Toffee
1 pound butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 cup chopped almonds or pecans
16 oz. milk chocolate chips

Melt butter, sugar, water and corn syrup in saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil until it reaches a temperature of 290 without stirring. Pour onto a greased jelly roll pan. When cool spread top with melted chocolate chips and sprinkle with nuts. Press nuts lightly into chocolate so they stick better. Cool. When completely cool break into small pieces.

Peanut butter cups
1/3 lb. graham crackers crumbs (I usually use 1 package and put it in my blender)
1/2 lb. butter or margarine at room temperature
1 cup peanut butter
1 pound powdered sugar
chocolate for dipping

Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, peanut butter, and sugar until well mixed. Refridgerate for a couple of hours. Roll into small balls. Dip in chocolate. Place in small candy cups.

Oreo fudge
16 oreo cookies broken into small chunks
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tblsp. butter or margarine
2 2/3 cups vanilla chips
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Line a 8 x 8 pan with wax paper coated with non-stick spray. Place 1/2 of broken cookie pieces on bottom of pan. Combine milk, butter, and vanilla chips in a sauce pan. Heat until chips are melted and well combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over cookie pieces in pan. Top with remaining cookie pieces. Refridgerate until set. Cut into cubes.

Microwave Peanut brittle
Stir together 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup corn syrup in an 8 cup glass measuring cup. Cook in the microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Stir in 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 minutes or until light brown. Add 1 tsp. butter and 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 more minutes more. Add 1 tsp. baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy. Pour mixture onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Let cool and break into pieces.

Cream Cheese Mints and Cinnamon mints
3 oz. cream cheese at room temp.
1 tsp. mint extract
green food coloring
3 cups powdered sugar (plus or minus to make them the consistancy you want)
2 crushed mint candy canes

Mix cream cheese, mint extract, and food coloring. Add powdered sugar and crushed candy canes. Roll into long snakes, and cut into small pieces.

For Cinnamon mints:
Use mint recipe, but replace green food coloring with red, and cinnamon candy canes for the mint candy canes. Add 4 drops cinnamon oil with the mint extract. Mix and roll out the same as above.

I hope these make your sweet tooth happy! Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so so excited! I got in a baking mode today and hopefully it lasts because I NEED to make those mints, but don't have the stuff, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

    THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am so excited! I am saving all these recipes! I think it will be fun to make a couple of these tomorrow. thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I already do your mints, but I'm going to have to try the orange sticks. I remember how much I liked them!

    I finished my candy making last night. No more for another year! Two batches of toffee and two batches of the mints, both green and pink. They turned out great.

    Thanks for sharing your recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! I am so making some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reading these are making my mouth water! MMMMM!
    On the orange sticks do you use the cranberry sauce too? I'm just trying to think of a substitute...don't really care for cranberry anything....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made the cream cheese mints yesterday and they are so yummy. I'm making more today! I think I'll try the peanut butter cups too! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I finally get your candy recipes. Alas, I doubt I will get to any this year. I was foolish enough to take on the task of baking quick breads for the Primary staff. All 21 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks itybty: I am printing them out and they are going in my Christmas file! Those rasberry sticks sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great more candy recipies. Thanks for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man! I knew I should have gotten here sooner! Looks like I'm going to have to continue to bake holiday treats AFTER the holidays!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawnyel: You do add the cranberry sauce to the orange sticks too, but you would never be able to tell it is in there. You can't taste it at all.

    Update: My neighbor brought their goodies, but no recipe....I am so sad. I will have to call them and get the recipe...especially since I ate all of their chocolate balls already. I am glad everyone is enjoying the recipes.

    ReplyDelete