Thursday, December 7, 2006

Holiday Home Tour

Nettie is having a Christmas open house. Here are a few pictures of my holiday decor. Blogger isn't liking me too much, so I was only able to post these 4 pics. I might have to put up another post with a few of my favorite holiday items that are not shown here, but that will have to wait for another day. Thanks for stopping by!

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care....At least they are really hanging this year. The first year I made them I forgot to attach loops to hang them from! I still need to embroider our names on them in gold thread...one of these days I will get around to it.

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, how lovely are your branches. We love our tree. It is so pretty and sparkly when the lights are all on at night. Note the Moroni on top!

Here is our nativity scene. We purchased it in Guatemala after haggling a guy for it. It came with an elephant, but I thought that was strange, so we talked the guy into exchanging it for an extra camel. It also came with a HUGE baby Jesus. We had him give us a smaller one that went to another set, but it was still about as big as the donkey...luckily it got broken on the way home. I found the new baby Jesus, the manger, and the sheep at a local ceramics shop.

This is our entry way table decked out in holiday decor. My husband made the table last year for me for Christmas.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Your tree is gorgeous! You always have the cutest decorations!

    We haven't set up our tree yet because Dustin has been so busy, but hopefully we'll get it done this weekend and I can post my pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! I love the huge baby Jesus story. It is kind of symbolic of the importance of the savior at Christmas. But the scale appropriate one is much more pleasing.

    Oh, and I got your link to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag! You're it! Come here for directions for a "Early Reading" Meme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun to see- what a great table- gotta love handy husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pics, Your house looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is gorgeous! I love your fireplace. Where did you get the angel Moroni? I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel: I actually got the Moroni in a book store in Roosevelt, UT about 6 years ago. I don't know where you could get them now...maybe search for them on the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Everything is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I swore I commented on this. Stinking blogger.

    I love your decorations. The gold on your Christmas Tree makes it so sparkly. I didn't put the gold bulbs on ours this year and it feels like something is missing.

    I love your nativity. I am still looking for one that I love...I might just have to head for Guatemala.

    ReplyDelete