Monday, December 11, 2006

The sweetest thing....

On Saturday I took each of my girls shopping to buy Christmas presents for their sisters. This was the first time they have ever bought gifts for each other. They have been collecting spare change from doing their chores for months. They each had enough to buy each of their sisters a $1.00 gift. They loaded up their money into their play purses and took turns going shopping. They both went skipping and dancing into the store with their little purses swinging on their arms. It was the sweetest thing! They were absolutely adorable trying to figure out the very BEST present for each of their sisters. I didn't think that the decision would take so long, but they certainly had fun shopping. They were so excited to pay the saleperson, and put the receipt in their purse. They were even more excited to get to wrap their presents with dad and put them under the tree. They were actually nice to each other the rest of the day! I think giving their sisters presents might be the most special part of Christmas for them this year. This is definately a tradition that we will do again!

9 comments:

  1. That is so cute! My son carefully picks out his present for his brother and it does create the spirit of giving. How fun for your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!!

    "D" just got to buy some presents for the family at his school. He was so excited to come home and wrap them without us seeing what was inside. It is the first year he's done this.

    How special for your girls! That is a great idea for a tradition and it's great that they earned the money to buy the presents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a tradition we have had in our home for three years now. I agree that it does add to the feeling of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the spirit that comes when my boys pick out gifts for each other. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every year we let the kids go to the Dollar Tree and buy each of their siblings a present. They love it and it really does help them remember that Christmas is more than just getting presents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about doing this with my kids. (Yeah, I should have thought about starting it years ago.) The being nice to each other the rest of the day really appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just see it happening! I am impressed that you're already teaching them it's better to GIVE than to RECEIVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are seriously the best mom. I love that you did that for them. I am so stealing your idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I love it when siblings buy for each other!

    ReplyDelete